New OT-90 purchase

Greetings.

This is my new purchase for 2012.. it is due for arrival 3rd week this October.

I purchased it from a French dealer who imported it direct from the Czech army (not any dealers).

Its done 325 hours/1800 km from it refurb in CZ and is in very good condition, it has had new wheels and tracks fitted and comes complete inside with all its nik naks etc, kpvt and pkt deacts i have waiting to be fitted when it arrives..:nut:

IMG_1956.JPG

IMG_1959.JPG

Photo0194.jpg

Photo0195.jpg

Photo0193.jpg

Photo0197.jpg

Photo0202.jpg

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thinking of maybe setting up a driving school for lessons/rides in her to help with the up keep etc, it will live on a 150 acre farm but its all grassland for cows, so wont be allowed to chew up the land, but maybe drive around the edges of the fields etc.

I would imagine those long narrow tracks would make a reasonable mess of grass!

My scorpion wasn't too bad on long grass but the tighter the turn the more damage... the back lawn took a month to recover when I took it for a spin in the back garden! :embarrassed:

Concrete and tarmac will be out for you with all metal tracks of course...

Can you run it on contaminated diesel?

lol to driving a scorp in back garden! you must have a big garden?

it will be running on red diesel.. much cheaper :laugh: it apparently does have 300 lts in it already.. will wait and see about that..lol

am also looking into rubber pads, just waiting on a price for approx 184 of em :wow:

thinking of maybe setting up a driving school for lessons/rides in her to help with the up keep etc, it will live on a 150 acre farm but its all grassland for cows, so wont be allowed to chew up the land, but maybe drive around the edges of the fields etc.

Convert to sheep and repaint the OT black and white all call it Shep. That is one problem solved:D.

Nice toy by the way enjoy.

Mike

I would imagine those long narrow tracks would make a reasonable mess of grass!

My scorpion wasn't too bad on long grass but the tighter the turn the more damage... the back lawn took a month to recover when I took it for a spin in the back garden! :embarrassed:

Concrete and tarmac will be out for you with all metal tracks of course...

Can you run it on contaminated diesel?

Tracks aren't too bad on grass - very low ground pressure figures for the vehicle... Provided you don't do a "spin on the spot" 180 or - worse - 360. Then you get some nice grooves! :-D

If it can get onto the road - same thing applies as to ground pressure, but the lower speed limit of, I think, 5 mph as opposed to 20 mph on pads applies.

Contam is a divided story - I have had people who served on them tell me both that it can and that it can't so for safety I keep mine on straight diesel. Good news there is mine is cleared for using Red diesel by HMRC (got it in writing!! :cool2:) so - provided Nick's stays off the road the same ruling will apply.

driving on the road is a pain, I take my 432 out from time to time and they are a challenge. A very noisy one at that...the ot 90 is a bit wider on the tracks which is more tricky, but you can get rubber pads and if you get it registered you can run at 20 mph..easy enough, the 432 runs at max 30 mph but your better keeping to about 22-25 mph in a 432...

if the ot 90 is anywhere near the same as the mtlb they are mega fast but the gear change is a pain...ours is having gearbox issues so we will change that out in the coming months...

I took mine for a 40 mile drive it took 2 hours I did stop at home for a bit of a pose, but at the end of the drive I was knackered, exhilerated but knackered..the concentration the effort the noise and the stupid car drivers all make for a very busy journey

I have been fixing some minor things on her today, comms is now working, hand brake warning light is a bit of a nightmare as its either on and wont go off or wont go on at all !! grrrr work in progress.. fitted mirrors, reverse camera next.. found that the engine oil temp sender is duff ! have ordered one.. apart from that all is good :-)

Just waiting for the rain to stop :cry:

• 2 weeks later...