HAVEN STREET IOW

Guest JeepJockey

Guest JeepJockey

For any members that have not been yet, Haven Street on the Isle of Wight is turning into a cracking good show. Set in the grounds of the old steam Railway, there's great ambiance and period feel to this show. The sound and smell at the station just a stones throw from the camping area really brings this one alive, with many of the MV owners choosing to dress the part and interact with the many hundreds of public visitors each day. Fashion parades and Lindy Hop/Jive demonstrations on the station platform, whilst re-enactors act out a particular scenario. An evening themed dance and 40's grub on sale tops the Saturday entertainment for a complete family event.

What's more a quick ferry across the Solent on modern day landing craft makes you feel you've actually gone abroad just as summer is reaching it's peak. One of my favorites is disembarking the ferry in convoy watched by hundreds of holiday makers waiting to make the return journey.

Check out the details on http://www.IWsteamrailways.co.uk under the events tab for the 1940's weekend 30th June - 1st July 2007. Don't ask me too many questions I'm not the organiser. :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou:

Regards,

Paul

Only trouble is, that stretch of water, ..(I've heard it refered to as the most expensive sea crossing)...........what sort of costs are we talking about, for an MW sized vehicle, ?

Anyone,...........??

(apologies, if costings are in link, supplied,............havn't looked,....yet :whistle:)

From pics seen of past events, it certainly looks to be worth a visit.

Andy

Guest JeepJockey

Hi Andy,

Crossings are sponsorred (free or discounted) from the event organiser if youv'e got something they want (have to say that means WWII) or a heavy.

Regards,

Paul

Hi Andy,

Crossings are sponsorred (free or discounted) from the event organiser if youv'e got something they want (have to say that means WWII) or a heavy.

Regards,

Paul

:-D Well that sounds GOOD;.................my MW's WWII................. :whistle: