Soggy Stolly and Sunken Saracen

Poptopshed

Reading the article, makes me wonder WHY ?? :dunno:

Seems a lot of trouble to go to, just so divers can go,...........'oh look, something to look at, down here,'............................ :? :?

Or am I missing the point,......................... :whistle:

Andy

which is what,..........

Well - Do you own your vehicle and just leave it parked up , sit in it now and again, walk round it and kick the tyres, maybe just drive it to work :dunno:

OR

Do you prefer to really drive your vehicles, to shows, off road, Sunday jaunts around the leafy lanes, get to-gethers with other like minded fellows? :tup:

Same for divers they can just get in the water and swim aimlessly about (like a goldfish) :yawn:

OR

Dive in water which contains something of interest, wether its marine life, wrecks, caves, etc. :clap:

As not all people are able to trog off to the seaside to dive, some have to make do with diving lakes and disused quarry's. Having items like these vehicles in a contained body of water does make it more interesting while providing a valuable aid for those undergoing SCUBA training, including those setting out on a commercial diving career and undergoing rescue training.

I could go on .......... but hopeful now you see the point :-D

Ok, I can understand the point of having 'attractions', in said lakes, esp if they could be used for diver rescue training,...that is, divers rescuing trapped vehicle occupants,.......(I was involved in cave rescue a few years ago) however according to press release, these vehicles were 'sealed', to stop entry;

I'm was not knocking the idea,just trying to understand the reasoning behind it. :-)

Not being a diver myself, i can see swimming around in an 'empty' lake, could be quite boring, :whistle:..........

I think the reason for sinking the stolly is so people can see what Neil's stolly will look like when he takes it into the water. :rofl: :rofl:

I was thinking Neil might have liked to take the course so he could practise escaping from his when he attempts to swim it :whistle:

I think the reason for sinking the stolly is so people can see what Neil's stolly will look like when he takes it into the water. :rofl: :rofl:

I was thinking Neil might have liked to take the course so he could practise escaping from his when he attempts to swim it :whistle:

Well - as you two are gonna be wrapped in the towing cables I venture to suggest this might be time to start changing your minds!!!! :evil: :evil:

Or practice holding your beath for hours at a time!! :evil: :evil:

It is beyond economic repair as alot is ether missing or totally u.s. due to neglect by former owners, and the parts that it yields will be used to good effect on several other Stollys keeping them rolling, including YOURS! :naughty: :naughty:

Dumping one in a flooded Quarry with loads of good bits on it is just a waste, just like leaving one to rot on a field for years and aye lads? :whistle:

It is beyond economic repair as alot is ether missing or totally u.s. due to neglect by former owners, and the parts that it yields will be used to good effect on several other Stollys keeping them rolling, including YOURS! :naughty: :naughty:

Dumping one in a flooded Quarry with loads of good bits on it is just a waste, just like leaving one to rot on a field for years and aye lads? :whistle:

Should have offered to do a swap with them mate - they could have sunk your BER one and given you the useable one to do up!! :-) :-)