Random Bolero 2012 pics and a Question for Clive

Here's a few of the other pictures I took across the Bolero Week of events, but to start with, the question for Clive.....

I spotted this picture in the 100th BG Museum from their open day and reunion this year. Is the guy arrowed "Texas George from Chicago", or was it "Chicago George from Texas"!! Either way, I'm sure it's him, and I'll never forget the funny story you told me about collecting him from the railway station for Bolero 2007.

bolero35.jpg

and now for the rest of the pictures.

Tibenham Airshow.

bolero1.jpg

bolero2.jpg

bolero3.jpg

Duxford.

H.P. Victor

bolero8.jpg

Avro Lancaster. I hadn't noticed before, but where the nose turret and bombardier's compartment is attached, there's a doped tape sealing the join.

bolero9.jpg

The MkI Blenheim restoration in its ninth year now, but looking good.

bolero10.jpg

Hawker Fury restoration.

bolero11.jpg

Duxford.

The view from the B-17 pilot's seat. There were lots of rain drops on the windscreen that I've had to clone out to give a nice view!

bolero24.jpg

B-17 'Sally B'.

bolero29.jpg

The engine from the American Air Museum B-17.

bolero30.jpg

A picture from the 100th BG Museum. Anyone know what the two stripes mean below the aircraft serial number? I've not seen this before.

bolero31.jpg

Thorpe Abbotts.

A B-17 blue print.

bolero32.jpg

A Navigators chair. I want to make a collapseable version of one of these for the back of the Dodge. The current office chair takes up too much room during transport.

bolero33.jpg

Aircrew at Knettishall.

bolero34.jpg

The Southern end of the main runway at Eye airfield.

bolero36.jpg

'Sally B' over Knettishall.

bolero37.jpg

Pre-cast concrete air raid shelter I think, located at the 388th BG Museum.

bolero38.jpg

This looks like a Romney hut at Eye airfield, but not 100% sure. Perhaps one of the larger span nissen huts.

bolero39.jpg

The last pass. 'Sally B' at Knettishall.

bolero40.jpg

A very diverse range of images there Steve and all from the USAAF weekend. What a pity I never thought to take pictures of the evening presentation at the Cornwallis.

The picture you highlighted is def Chicago George of Bolero 2007 fame. I saw him at the 100th open day in May where it was both cold and wet. I took the 41 Chrysler so had some protection..................but those days are gone now!

I see that IWM's Victor is now under cover in the restoration/conservation hangar - That will look impressive when its done!

The Victor has been under cover for at least three years, probably since the airspace hangar was completed, but I don't think they've done any work. Same goes for the Shackleton. I don't know if they are waiting for funds or waiting for disposal. Since much of the IWM London collection is to be housed at Duxford while the London site gets refurbished, space is going to be in short supply soon. I'm told that's one of the reasons the Ambasador airliner is now out doors.