Armour & Embarkation - The Characters !

Here is my photographic record of some of the people that supported/attended this year's A & E bash.

Sadly upon reflection, is does not extend to anywhere near the number of people that should be included and their are some glaring omissions (like the folks in the cook-house that did sterling work under exceptionally trying conditions), but although I am happy to stick my camera under the noses of people I know; I tend to shy away from folks I am not familiar with.

The first shots are the general 'run of the mill' stuff and the second batch are ones that I have tried to give that 'US National Archives' feel to the shots - in the faint hope that the viewer may be mistaken for thinking they are looking at genuine wartime colour transparencies from 1944. You'll have to make your own mind up!

DSC_0405.jpg

The Man and the Hour !

DSC_0210.jpg

Chris Till and (Jonny Loot) made the trip from Lancashire and Yorkshire (with a tank) and were amongst the first participants to take full advantage of the Government's recent U turn on the pasty tax !

DSC_0206.jpg

(Snapper) and Son ! Mark Barnes and his lad - Sorry I'm dreadful remembering names.

DSC_0217.jpg

Bruvver! Neil Stevens from Newark, atop of Jim's M4A4 trying to look pretty!

DSC_0201.jpg

Mr. Beckett's reaction when he has just been told he needs to cut his hair ready for the 2014 A & E event!

P1090755.jpg

Roy Baker and Tony Butt (Anthony) from Suffolk share a peanut butter sandwich from within the gloom of Tony's Toyota Hi-Lux early on Sunday morning after a rather unseasonal night's sleep. As Roy said (who slept on-site in a Jeep trailer) "As long as I lifted the canvas up to stop the water from pooling every half an hour throughout the night, I didn't get too wet!"

Edited by M5Clive

The serious stuff now!

DSC_0010.jpg

Joris who made the trip across from The Netherlands and is seen here waiting to board his C-47.

DSC_0395.jpg

Jamie Meachin from Bristol (who crewed the Sherman M4A4 with Jim Clark) and who's the right age and shape to do a WWII US Army Tankers combat uniform justice - (I wish more re-enactors would adopt this mindset).

DSC_0056.jpg

Chris Till and one of the Copeman brothers from Colchester during a lull in activity.

DSC_0103.jpg

Manny Trainor from nearby Yeovil did an outstanding job marshaling the lengthy convoy and also superb traffic control during the lunch stop at Martinstown - Certainly one of the major achievers of the event in my humble opinion.

DSC_0387-1.jpg

Enigma (from the Netherlands) and Steve Whitehouse from Frome looking timeless in this shot.

P1090744.jpg

A scruff-bag from Suffolk who needs to learn how to tie his boot laces correctly!

(Blimey that Roughwear A2 jacket looks good in this shot - can't tell it from an original one.)

P1090713.jpg

More DR's - Sorry I don't know who you guys are, but you were certainly kept busy!

P1090786.jpg

Lewis (and his Mum from Nottingham) hitching a ride with Steve Whitehouse in his freshly restored HST .

Edited by M5Clive

And the last one of my 'people pictures' from A & E 2012 is dedicated to the couple who made the entire event happen.............

P1090752.jpg

............Would look quite nice in a frame on the bedside cabinet old boy !