Not the worry Rick, we had Barry to keep the carrier end up. I think it's a good idea to get any vehicle in tip top condition before doing such a demanding run. The poor old Hellcat which was in great condition only made it down the hill into Maiden Newton before a severe leak put him out for the count, I bet he was not best pleased.

Bloody downer four or was it five days of work, engine out twice on the carrier, ignition problems and a thrown track put the top hat on the weekend other than that all is well on the carrier it runs it drives but it needs some more fettling. Will put up a pic of the thrown track tomorrow.

Mate

Will really missed you on Saturday. Also the T16 that was promised didn't show.

You missed a fantastic day. The drive went well I had a few problems with my carrier losing power ,so I was struggling to keep the revs up sometimes. This resulted in me doing a complete 360 on a roundabout in the middle of Dorcester, much to the amusement of many. Except the tank behind that had to brake hard. I am sure it will end up on you tube.

How did you manage to throw the track? What happened?

Catch up soon.

Baz

hi barry

about a month ago i took the carrier to the battlefront museum at old buck airfield in norfolk to get the restoration finished in time for beltring but forgot to mention to shaun that i needed it for a&e. unfortunately shaun couldn't do the work due to other commitents so i decided to go down and bash it out myself. however things didn't go to plan with the carrier, which with hindsight is bound to happen when you try to condense a months work into 4 days. even with the help of andy ferretkit and another fella called ian we just couldn't get it sorted and at 2.30am sunday morning i gave up trying but it's not all bad as we did get a lot done and she should be in good shape for beltring.

as for the thrown track that was down to an over enthusiastic turn at speed from a tarmac road with a step down onto a gravel road which resulted in the inner rear part of the track going under the tarmac and being pushed off the sprocket aswell as taking a fair chunk of tarmac with it (which was hastily stamped back into place) :D you live and learn !

see you at beltring

rick