Jack

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shane taylor

Going to the MVT one at Beaulieu same weekend

Richard

Yeah, seems a bit of a stupid thing to do - why take on a well established show - is it pay back time?

So you gonna make it this year Jack, there,s still that beer you owe me. Be a good first outing for the track !

Reckon this is a go this year mate - just see if I clear the decks and I will get that beer that I owe you :cry:

I must confess that i am booked into the Beaulieu show but along with others hope to attend Horndean on either the Saturday or Sunday.

This is dependant on wether the family decide to attend Beaulieu :dunno:

Ashley

I thought overlord was an MVT show, can't see the point of having 2 shows the same weekend so close to each other.

Overlord is one of my favorites.

Hush your mouth young sir :-D,

the problems with Horndean / MVT legendary and are worthy of bypassing.

Ashley

Its unfortunate that the South Hampshire Area of the MVT who are hosting the Trucks & Troops event at Beaulie are organising there event on the same weekend as The Overlord Show, but as I understand it, their hands were tied with regard to the availability of the National Motor Museum at Beaulie, and this was the preferred date given to them by the museum.

So if you live in that neck of the woods, you have two large scale shows in a similar geographical area to choose from - Alias, I guess its inevitable that events are always going to clash with one another the length and breadth of the country :roll:

I'm just glad that Hampshire is far enough away that I don't need to worry !

Cds

Guest shane taylor

Still doesn't make any sense as they could of worked around it - that said, it will be interesting to see if the date is same next year before any judgements can be drawn............

I thought overlord was an MVT show, can't see the point of having 2 shows the same weekend so close to each other.

Overlord is one of my favorites.

Not MVT since 2004, but we still allow free entry for MVT members, as opposed to their own show which will, allegedly, cost everyone 13 quid.

Richard

Chairman & Show Sec.

Still doesn't make any sense as they could of worked around it - that said, it will be interesting to see if the date is same next year before any judgements can be drawn............

Let me assure you, S.O.E. just like the guys here have done an Overlord Show here for the last 20 years or more always on the late May Bank Holiday weekend, we will continue to do so.

We unconcerned by attacks, disinformation, propaganda, massaged publicity and falsehoods from the other lot, this emanates from the centre and we find the ordinary members, many of which are our members too, are disinterested in the c**p being put about and just want to take their trucks to a show. That's what we do.

Ooops, foot in it again.

No sweat. If anyone is interested in the saga of high-handed let-downs and shabby, double standard, mis-leading treatment, then see me at Overlord or send a PM for a document supported shocker (mainly theirs) of the other and real side.

I'm not entering into discussions here, far more interesting stuff to do.