Restoration of Irish Defence forces CJ3B

protacman

Hi , This is my next project after the Saracen I'm on presently (2/6/12)

002.jpg

Arriving Home, this Jeep was in a Shed for 47 years

001.jpg

Still in its original Irish Green

Can anyone help with Photo's of Irish Army Jeeps at home or in the Congo?

Nick Jefferies is helping with parts

Thanks all

Interesting, never knew the Irish had them too. The Dutch Armed Forces used them, as did the Swiss, and then some. Post WW2 Universal Jeeps are a bit overlooked in my humble opinion.....

Good luck on the restoration and keep us posted!

Very nice!

I brought a couple back from Kosovo - Indian built but pre-Mahindra, so still with Willys stamps on everything. They made them all over the place (I did some research for a CMV article and was quite surprised to find how prolific this vehicle was, and I think it is the most successful jeep in terms of numbers and production run ever)

An exceptionally nice vehicle in my opinion, I look forward to seeing more. If I can be of any assistance feel free to get in touch!

• 6 months later...

Hi all,

I had to take some time off for a Wedding, My Daughter.So now I can start to play again..

043.jpg

I have limited space in my Sheds, hence the Saracen project is suspended til better weather.

I had to remove a dividing wall

047.jpg

048.jpg

plenty of room now

Not my 'favourite' of Jeeps...it's the high bonnet I guess..... to me it always looks a bit too 'agricultural' and somehow throws the proportions out .....but!...

.......all the same I'd certainly have one if the chance arose!!....

Well done to you for finding and saving it anyway and I'll very much look forward to seeing it returned to glory !

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

hi all,

Can anyone help.

I've been working on the Engine rebuild, I'm missing... wait for it......wait for it...

One head bolt

a source for the old old pressure pipes..... the rubber ones, 3, all different lengths and with different fittings at either ends.

and can anyone tell why I have two head bolts that are longer than the others?

thanks

• 9 months later...

Nice find. I am restoring an Irish Army Morris gun tractor. At first I didn't realise it was ex defence forces, I thought the colour was "Portland stone" a British WW2 desert colour. Do you know what the colour number is?

Hear is a picture of a jeep and Quad. the Quad is one digest out on the reg number to my one and the Jeep is pretty close too.

Morris Quad 2.jpg

• 8 months later...