Aerial

arnie

Help! could anybody tell what aerial i need to fit this base on my Fv432, it had another one next to it at the front right hand side of the vehicle that looks as though it hasent been used for a while.It was upgraded for Clansman from Larkspur in 1983.

Regards

Arnie

radio point 008.jpg

radio point 009.jpg

Hi,

That is a co-axial type C Connector- takes the output from your VRC321 via the Turf (The front co-ax connector) through this plug and the vehicle chassis and into a further co-ax into a dipole centre.

They are quite rare - took us ages to get one.

For using the vehicle on the move use a vertical whip (3m to 4M) into a rubber whip base and not this socket. The whip slots into the base.

If the whip is 3m then Ok to have it vertical, if 3m then use a slant adaptor so the whip is at an angle.

Looks as though someone has chopped the cable and left the connector up inside the fitting, undo the nut at the top of the fitting and the connector will come out.

D&J

Help! could anybody tell what aerial i need to fit this base on my Fv432, it had another one next to it at the front right hand side of the vehicle that looks as though it hasent been used for a while.It was upgraded for Clansman from Larkspur in 1983.

Regards

Arnie

Edited by Diana and Jackie

Arnie

If you need C type plugs to fit it they are available from GTEN98 (aka PTS Norfolk) and E7MKG on e-Bay - I have no connection other than a satisfied customer. The item numbers are 360012698904 from E7MKG to fit 6mm / RG58 cable and GTEN98 has nearly the full range in their e-bay shop for 1/2 inch (UR67) cable. See items 120743739679, 120889929947, 120786269604, 120743751481, 120897388775, and ready made cables 110735750335

Hope this helps

Iain

Hi D&J, Glen and Iain

Many thanks for your help.

I have measured the connector, the od = 14mm and the id = 10/11mm. I will take some more pictures of the other mount today and post later. Iain, I have noted your callsign as we are members of VMARS and hopefully we will be 'on air' with our Clansman for the War & Peace show in July, any vistors most welcome.....all help and advice gratefully received!

73's

Arnie & Debbie

M6KBO & M6WSC

Hi Arnie & Debbie

Hopefully I will also be at W&P as a day visitor - should be able to see your 432 and work you across the field then! Mike M1CCF and friends usually operate an HF station from a tent at the end of the fleamarket beside the main road - he usually has various larkspur and clansman accessories for sale as well!

Iain

73 deG0OZS

I have taken some photographs today of the two aerial mounting points on the FV432 MK11,not sure why they want two?.It looks like the large round one has not been used for a long time.Also I know this is probably the wrong thread,only I have a four pin lighting point at the rear and does anybody know if i can still get the correct four pin plug?.

Arnie

radio mask mount and 4 pin conection 001.jpg

radio mask mount and 4 pin conection 002.jpg

radio mask mount and 4 pin conection 003.jpg

radio mask mount and 4 pin conection 004.jpg