Daimler CB22 unearthed from under bungalow/shack

PITT24423

• 2 years later...

Don`t know the guy that posted this but this road run is very good and we all have fish and chips on Felixstowe sea front .This section of road is probably the emptiest section as the all the rest was lined with people waving union jack and so on. There is a hill somewhere !!

11 hours ago, alixcompo said:

I'd love to know more about this road run. I'm local to the area and never knew a thing about it

Its organised by Ipswich Transport Museum ,I know they have more applicants than places so apply early is all I can advise .The section shown on the clip is probably the dullest section and isn`t that long as the rest of the route is through Ipswich  ,villages and of course Felixstowe with  all the pubs on route are decorated and has a cracking atmosphere from start to finish.

• PITT24423 changed the title to Daimler CB22 unearthed from under bungalow/shack
  • 6 months later...

As there was no Dorset  SteamFair this year for a second year my son and I decided to drive the lorry from Mersea to the Swanage railway event at Corfe Castle using as many back roads as possible being part of the challenge.The total distance traveled was 450 odd miles there and back. The drive down we split over two days with an overnight stop near Winchester due to getting held up in London which was snarled up with the Extinction Rebellion bunch.With the return journey in one hit which we managed with relative ease but a long day. 
The chain ferry from Sandbanks to Swanage was on our to do list the only cruel part being some nasty hills on the way especially in Bournemouth coming away up from the pier which was a bottom gear  crawl. 
My daughter luckily had a site meeting near Tower Bridge and a combination of will and “find my friends “ a passing wave was achieved. 

C68E4D79-B4BE-4B4D-A657-2C6A30FD08A5.jpeg

Edited by PITT24423
  • Like 6