2 x AEC Matador Gun Tractors

Ian L

Front wheels arch's have been well nibbled by the maggots & few shots from under the cab.

Thanks for posting the pics Ian, your Tilly is looking great, they remind me I have got a few things done!The militant project has slowed my progress on the Matador,but it lives outside and the crane is a bonus for all the heavy parts plus couldnt resist another Aec.Hope to get more painted before winter and start sorting electrics etc.Scott.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Any progress on this? Good to see more saved, hoping to have mine back together in a few months.

Hi Nick,just fitting second roof skin to the Matador so that can be painted,Milly is turned round now so I can sort the other leg(rams from Ramco)and paint the cab ,weather permitting, so may be a while!.Look forward to seeing progress on yours too.Scott.

Just read your post about the Militant and Atlas you bought. Well done, that's another one saved. Useful tool too

Thanks,been looking at your pics too so I know what else i might have to tackle on the Milly,plenty still to do before the maiden voyage.Scott.

Hi Nick,just fitting second roof skin to the Matador so that can be painted,Milly is turned round now so I can sort the other leg(rams from Ramco)and paint the cab ,weather permitting, so may be a while!.Look forward to seeing progress on yours too.Scott.

Thanks for the update Scott, looking good she is, wasn't aware of ramco - will take a look. Waiting to hear about progress on my box currently.

cheers

nick

• 9 months later...

Thanks,its a long road but worth it for these lovely old trucks.scott.heres a couple of the militant at the local show in the summer still work in progress but good to warm up that 11.3 aec lump.scott

IMG_5064 (800x533).jpg

IMG_4984 (800x533).jpg

Edited by scotbb
add photos
  • Like 1