US military radio

Can any one give me any info on this US valve radio made by Andrea radio corp model 61, it has Phila 42 would that be the date it was made. I used to have a army green one of these a few years back but cant find any info on this one. it has NA 12 on radio and cover, nice to get the cover with it. see photos for more info.

Keith

A bit more info i have found on the radio, inside it has Andrea Model 6.1 + Forandret Ved GKMs. Radioverksted Sep 1944.

+ Ror Plassering. [ Norweigen ? ] the battery was 90v and a 1.5v. The canvas cover has NA 12 [ Norweigen Army ?] so this a US radio, made for the Norweigen Army ?. or could it have been given to the Norweigen underground to hear the BBC on. Just a guess.

Well my Radio man got the radio going after a lot of years of not working, next job is to make a battery box with one 90v batt PP9s and the other 1.5v. Forandret ved GKMs Radioverksted sep 1944 is Changed by GKMs workshop in Sep 1944. The canvas cover has a flap you lift up to plug in headphones and on the other side has a pocket for booklet or spare parts tin. Any info on this radio will be wellcome.

Keith

Some better photos of the radio. My radio man has found more info. The Andrea Model 6.1 was used by the Norwegian Forces and was dropped into Norway by parachute and was used to listen to the BBC news from London, the Model 6.1 was a simple superhetrodyne with the New miniature tubes, my Model is the same but in a bigger box with a speaker and socket for a headphone, one of my miniature tubes, has a army arrow on it. The smaller radio Model 6.1 box only had a headphone socket and no speaker [ see 2nd to last photo]. info from Norwegian Radio History Association, they have good photos of the Model 6.1 in smaller box. Photos are from my collection but not the small radio set in B&W.

Keith

1st Photo of carry handel and cover from top. 2nd photo of radio with front closed, it pulls off. 3rd photo of canvas cover. I had a green radio like this for the US Army, but never seen one like this or seen a cover for one, Think they made only a small batch, i hope to take it to Arnhem in Sept if i still have it. Original Photos from my collection.

Keith