DVLA Approved person.....west midlands uk

andy1960

Question

5 answers to this question

Hi all. When applying for a new regisration and V5c the application needs to be "approved " by a DVLA nominated person.Anyone know the contact details of who would do ex wd vehicles in the West Midlands?

Rgards Andy

Andy you need the vehicle inspectorate from the MVT to assist you and provide a letter, with official stamp etc....Thats who did it for me PIG.

They stillwa nted to see the vehicle though, which was an epic task......

After speaking to supervisor dated photos of chassis/data plate and a Rub/ etching of data plate will overcome....

All Hassle though!

Every DVLA office appears to be different and you could start a thread every week on everyones experiences........

Best of luck :-D

Andy you need the vehicle inspectorate from the MVT to assist you and provide a letter, with official stamp etc....Thats who did it for me PIG.

Or IMPS http://www.imps.org.uk

The IMPS is one of the vehicle clubs authorized by the DVLA in Swansea to authenticate applications for registering ex-military vehicles for road use as well as confirming their date of manufacture for the possible exemption of Road Tax.

Members should contact Tony Lawrence (01737 769907)

Some DVLA local offices will just send thier own person out, but that is now extremelly rare. I remember many years ago when my friend John has the DVLA in Brighton send an inspector out. She turned up in a very short skirt and crawled over the Austin K9 he was registering. Qute a pleasant day in the end. She knew about what to look for aswell.

Your best bet may to ask the local office what they would want? If they say they can send someone then you can go along that route, but get as much info to hand as possible. I would recommend going through the MVT or IMPS before getting the DVLA involved though.

. She turned up in a very short skirt and crawled over the Austin K9 he was registering. Qute a pleasant day in the end. She knew about what to look for aswell.

I had a young lady turn up to verify my GMC in the 1980s, she was very attractive and knew her stuff, but when I said what a nice looking truck the Jimmy was, she just shrugged her shoulders , and said if you think so..... knocked the stuffing out of me, I thought that it looked beautiful.