Just Had That Dreaded Call from Withams

Grumpy

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You know the one where you wonder how much of the house keeping has gone on green stuff. :whistle:

Luckily only one lot this time - one of these:

width=500 height=375http://scott.morris8.users.btopenworld.com/Pics/HMVF/lot222.jpg[/img]

Now you just have to collect it and store it.

I should be picking one up soon (private sale) and doing a converstion on it so i can camp in luxury.

Go to admit - that is a temping idea :-) :-) :-)

Just think Neil if you had one of these SWMBO could live in luxury at shows and you might be aloud to camp at many more shows. Fit it out with beds, shower, cooker, toilet and even laminated flooring - home from home.

Good thinking Ian - only problem with it is - we already have one of these:

width=450 height=250http://www.swiftleisure.com/Caravans/Abbey/GTS/ImageGallery/Properties/uploads/images/gallery/gts/gts_9.jpg[/img]

So was I to suggest it the answer would be"why don't we take the existing 'van?".

Attempts to point out that:

1) The towing sysems on the Stalwart are incompatible both on coupling type and height.

2) It's bright white, not Green or Cammo.

have thus far fallen on deaf, if not outright hostile, ears!! :shake: :shake:

How much are they out of interest please

There has been some advertised on milweb recently and they have been fitted out with the usual cooker, fridge, beds, sink etc and they ranged from £1200 to £1650 but i did see one for £5000 but that looked like it had everything you would ever need including hot water, hot air heating plus solar panels the list went on.

Not sure what price you could get one from withams but i think they give a guide price of £800 - £1000 but thats only a guide.

Fancy one Mark.

Good thinking Ian - only problem with it is - we already have one of these:

Attempts to point out that:

1) The towing sysems on the Stalwart are incompatible both on coupling type and height.

2) It's bright white, not Green or Cammo.

have thus far fallen on deaf, if not outright hostile, ears!!

But Neil why not trade it in for something 60s. You have the prestige of a military trailer yet all the comforts of a caravan including a gaily coloured awning (and a wonky wheel).

width=640 height=399http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v684/fv1620/Caravan01.jpg[/img]

Any one got any info on the Brockhouse trailers? Had a surf around the net and found nowt. :?

Thats our long term plan for ours. Kit it out to make a comfy place to sleep and lurk at shows.

This is where we hope Clive will come back with loads off information for us as I did a search and never found that much on them.

I will go along with that Lee, if Neil drops it down early in July we could have done for when he turns up :evil:

Gentlemen - I have passed on your ideas to the wife. :whistle:

And her reaction - well, might I suggest that, before she arrives at Beltring on the last Friday, you equip yourselves with some form of armoured gential protection - or get used to the concept of high pitched voices thereafter??? :schocked: :schocked:

This should give you some idea of her views on the subject!! :evil: :evil:

I think so Clive, its the 2 ton type Brockhouse normally about 16ft x 8ft in size as in the above pic. The above info is the thing i could find on the trailers.

Ian, I'm not aware of Brockhouse making anything above 1-Ton other than a 10-ton trailer. I'm only aware of this class of trailer being made by Sentinel, Rubery Owen & Tasker. But as a little taster here is an example. But I really need the FV type inc suffix. I have 220 FVRDE design spec documents which includes some of these trailers, which give more detail than the EMER. BTW I was looking through & I always had thought my FV2505G was for Yellow River, but in fact it was for Yellow Fever so I have learnt something this morning.

width=640 height=413http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v684/fv1620/Sentinel01.jpg[/img]

width=640 height=413http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v684/fv1620/Sentinel02.jpg[/img]

width=640 height=413http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v684/fv1620/Sentinel03.jpg[/img]

Thanks for that Clive, now my next question is why does evryone refer to this type of trailer as 2 ton Brockhouse if they never made anything over 1 ton ?

I haven't the faintest idea! I have been corresponding with someone who said he had a Wolf Sankey trailer. These Mk3 Wolf wide-track trailers were made by three companies, none of which were Sankey. Even my Dutch Land Rover on its release papers called it a Jeep. People talk about their Land Rover being covered in Macralon (the transparent stuff) when they really mean GRP (glass reinforced plastic) It seems to be a colloquialism like writing with a Biro rather than ballpoint pen or Hoovering rather than Dysoning I suppose.

I will get a picture of the data plate on ours when we go to Withams to collect it. You can see the red plate just visable to the right of the draw bar in the picture Grumpy posted. I may be wrong but i am sure it has Brockhouse printed on it. :dunno:

These have wheel arches so they might be a later type with a wider track?