USAAF Festival - July 2012

M5Clive

Well guys firstly I would like to Thank Clive and Tony ( N.O.S) for putting on a great event, I would also like to praise the outriders for doing a great job on the Saturday Convoy. Although it was very overcast we managed to escape the rain on the convoy. There was also a great line up of vehicles.I did not get any video footage of the convoy but I have a few pics of vehicles parked up at a museum for the 388th bomb group. Heres a few pics. But I am sure there will be some better ones posted. Thanks Again Howard.

DSC00524.JPG

DSC00522.JPG

DSC00523.JPG

DSC00526.JPG

We just got home at 11:30pm Sunday evening after a great week of activities. Many thanks to Clive, Tony and Dick for their contributions towards the event. Pictures to follow once all the RAW images are edited, but for now, one of Clive in one of the Yorkshire guys Jeeps, leading a tour of Eye Airfield today which wasn't just driving on concrete.

Edited by Jessie The Jeep

I forgot to add a picture of our esteemed leader and organiser for the event. Despite the long range weather forecast which wasn't great, the weekend weather turned out great, as you can see from Clive's smile!

DSC_0021.JPG

Sorry! I couldn't help myself. I saw you smiling for the camera and; well you know the rest! You really must post some of the pictures that you took while in this pose. Thanks again for your hospitality today.

I forgot to add a picture of our esteemed leader and organiser for the event. Despite the long range weather forecast which wasn't great, the weekend weather turned out great, as you can see from Clive's smile!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]64827[/ATTACH]

Sorry! I couldn't help myself. I saw you smiling for the camera and; well you know the rest! You really must post some of the pictures that you took while in this pose. Thanks again for your hospitality today.

This was the shot I was taking!

P1090956.jpg

I wanted the concrete of the original runway running along the bottom of the image and the camera looking up at the crew. I think on balance, it was worth it actually:)

Those guys look the absolute dogs what-sits. I hand picked them from the base and then sorted all the gear (my lounge is still full of it all.............much to Suzanne's consternation!) I wanted the guys to be the right age, the right shape, the right haircuts and the right stance in order to carry-off the portrayal accurately. We have all seen the 'Never ending tour of duty LHG' that seems to clutter our hobbie more and more. Maybe time for me to find a Home Guard uniform and i've already consigned my 506th PIR Paratrooper kit to the back of the cupboard, never to see the light of day again............!

Edited by M5Clive