Vickers MK11 ( Viper ) Boader Patrol Vehicle,

stal108

Well back in September 2010 this was put up for sale, There was a previous thread back then..

http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?20545-Vickers-on-MILWEB/page2&highlight=vickers+mk11

My comments were not so positive..But since then alot has happend i have bought it and i now have it home. We are just about to start to fit a drive train and it will be at shows this year. I hope....!

426783_2948126555945_1644767458_2534345_677635046_n.jpg

DSCF3994.jpg

IMAG0037.jpg

It is a one off said to be 5 million pound development cost it was the only one built by Vickers, The series was to be with the Valkyr 4x4 and others to be developed but the project was stoped. It is fitted with a Vickers MK5 turret stright off the tank ALI armour all the optics gun stabalisation It was made after 3 Timoney CM31 mk8 prototypes. a ll the suspention is Timoney. We are in contact with Timoney about diffs at the mo. I am trying to get the original setup.

http://www.geocities.ws/irisharmoredvehicles/TMk8CM31.html

It is along the lines of the South africa armys equipment and verious others. As it packs a 105mm L7 i can see why its called a Viper. Even tanks would have to give it respect

• 2 years later...

I went up to the north east and photographed the Vickers Mk 11 and the Valkyr for a feature for Classic Military Vehicle on 2005. It never appeared and Pat Ware never told me why but I don't think. I had a good day with the owner and even went for a ride in the Valkyr which was superb fun. The Mk11 was huge - had no engine and looked to do be all there otherwise.

• 1 year later...

I was luck to see it move Dave did a great job it was not far away from being on the road, then as you can see in the post disaster struck only a few weeks after I visited him, knowing Dave it will live again may take a few years to get it back to were he was watch this tread.

Al