National MVT Show - Wartime in the Vale 23 & 24 June, Ashdown WW2 Camp, Evesham

Hi Guys,

Following the success of Wartime in the Vale over the last three years, the South Midlands area of the MVT are pleased to announce this show has now been awarded National Show status by the Military Vehicle Trust for 2012. The venue with its central location and unique WW2 camp with its many nissen huts has grown in popularity with over 350 military wartime and post war vehicles attending in 2011.

Now with National status / support, there will be an even greater selection of vehicles and re-enactors with a mix of military and civilian displays. For 2012 we are also hoping to attract more amphibious vehicles as its not often that these vehicles can go and have a play in the water, as we are fortunate to have access to a slipway into the River Avon in Evesham just 1.5 miles away.

We are also pleased the Austin Champ Owners Club have selected this show for their Champ Camp, as 2012 is particularly special for them as they are celebrating the 60th Anniversary of the Champ and nearly 100 Champs are already booked in with vehicles from the UK and abroad.

There will be a large selection of traders, Battle of Britain Memorial Flight (applied for), children’s fair, cinema, entertainment in the marquee and various vehicles displays going on in the arena and the camp will be fully opened with all its displays and extensive range of air raid shelters, along with lots of visitors in period dress contributing to the atmosphere.

For more information please visit the events page on: www.ashdowncamp.webs.com

Forms for MVT members will be posted out in January with Greensheet Magazine.

Non MVT members very welcome.

Do please contact me if any queries.

Thanks Paul

m: 0779 159 1528

Edited by Papav66
Greensheet not Windscreen mag

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes its an unfortunate clash.

For the last three years we have run this show on the fourth weekend of June & so we have continued with that for 2012. Its been a similar situation for a few other events that we clash with like the first of the Seven Valley weekends & the Muckleburgh Collection but I believe we won't clash with another large regional show at Banbury or Tankfest again next year, not that has much effect on us as we are miles apart like A&E.

Its always a tricky one sorting out dates as there is always something that will clash. Our vehicle entries are also include alot of Post War vehicles that would not be able to enter A&E.

And both A&E & our event already have alot of support & I'm sure both will be a success.

Paul, Neil & others, well done on building up the show & achieving the National Show status. At one of the earliest shows you ran there I remember an old boy with a Champ saying, "This will grow & will become the new Kemble"

Too far to bring the Pig or Shorland so I'll just have to come in a Land Rover. I'm especially interested in what sort of Champ turn out there will be for their anniversary.

Paul, Neil & others, well done on building up the show & achieving the National Show status. At one of the earliest shows you ran there I remember an old boy with a Champ saying, "This will grow & will become the new Kemble"

Too far to bring the Pig or Shorland so I'll just have to come in a Land Rover. I'm especially interested in what sort of Champ turn out there will be for their anniversary.

I agree, well done on what you have achieved, a very nice show, with something for everybody.

Mark

PS Clive, no shame attached in bringing a Landrover mate!

Clive & Mark, thanks for the support.

The Champers have been very supportive & very keen to help promote the event. By November they already had 87 Champs booked in, with about a dozen from Holland & other owners/visitors from Australia & Hawaii have already been sorting their accommodation. We are also giving them a large chunk of real estate to set up various displays, so Champ owners should have a great week.

Would also just like to say well done Paul. Missed the first show but have been in attendance thereafter and have always been impressed. Will be there once again in 2012 and it is well worth a visit for anyone that hasn't been before. Keep up the good work!

Scott

• 3 weeks later...
Date booked on the Calender already Truck and Gun ready to role

Boomboom:cool2:

That you Pete ? mate :cool2: Jer here :nut: playing with Champ for Caroline to take to this Show are you thinking of doing a convoy again ? will prob go up on Friday with Jeep, trailer and Champ thing. Catch you at Stoneleigh if you're going.

RR.

Edited by rampant rivet

Thanks for the support guys & look forward to seeing you.

All the entertainment has been booked, Kitten von Mew will dancing again + its her 30th birthday party so might be a long line of blokes wanting to give her a birthday kiss, Fiona Harrison singing & 40's DJ Woody to carry on into the night.

Toilets booked & this year we are aiming to get some showers there.

And the cinema will be running again.

I will be on the MVT stand at Stoneleigh giving out forms if you want to pop by & say hello. If I'm not there it cos I've gone to see a few traders.

just dont the the curse of the nationel mvt bit ruin things :)

I'm sure we will be ok, as we discussed it at length with our local MVT members & the MVT Council.

Our show was already in a strong position having grown steadily over the last three years and with its fairly central location, makes it accessible to more. And its not just all about green machines, there is always something to see as we are not just camping in a field but have the camp which really helps create a great atmosphere, so we'll see how it progresses this year, but so far the support & number of new people registering who have not been previously is good.

cheers

Paul

Paul yes you already have built up a very successful show that rolls on bigger each year.

It doesn't clash this year, but in previous years I think it has clashed with Bovington Tankfest & although that is not too far from me I have felt it worthwhile travelling three times the distance to Evesham & I have not been disappointed.

Now that it has National status & hopefully attract even more people I think I will make the effort to bring the Shorland, although some of those hills on the way I have to travel on 95 mile journey do worry me a bit :-)

Clive, it would be great if you could make it in the Shorland, I've only seen one before & that was a few years ago.

Paul there seem to be very few around nowadays. Mine is the only survivor of the first 10 supplied for use in NI in 1966, the rest were cut up in NI. I've had it for 25 years & bought it at a time when you could not buy ex MOD armour. Luckily the end user of mine was not the MOD.

For instance the Ferrets you saw around then were the imports of Mike Hoffman who bought them from Hong Kong Police. Other armour was not direct MOD release they were imports from various countries, it is amazing how free & easy it is to get armour these days.

Great show last year, so with the MVT support this time - it should prove memorable.

Tried my Mk 1 version of a functional Bundeswehr / NATO comms display last year which I hope to improve upon this year. It would certainly be great to see more Bundeswehr equipment there and, I am trying to persuade a number of VW181 owners to attend (the modern-day Kubelwagen which saw civilian and Bundeswehr use in the 1970`s).

Must remember to remove my 4m antenna this time before entering the local multi-storey carpark.... :nut:.

Cheers

Steve