half track on cromer beach norfolk

2 para

just found a picture of a half track working on cromer beach , i don't know anything about the owner or even how old the picture is but i wonder if the firm sign written on the bonnet is still in operation

800px-Halftrack_Cromer_Mai_1993-1.jpg

Edited by 2 para

Crikey that brings back some memories as I nearly bought one of them (I think there were two or three) a few years ago.

As I recall they were ex Israeli and could even have been re-engined. In fact when wracking the few brain cells I have left I think they might have had 330 Bedford engines in.

Or I could have been having one of those dreams again - the sort I have when I forget to take my medication.

As far as I know they still exist and are out there somewhere! I might even look in my old tellingbone directory to see if I can come up with a number for my (then) contact..

• 5 years later...
Two of the three halftracks mentioned have now been fully restored to WW2 spec.

They did have the Bedford diesels but are now back on the original petrol engines.

Many thanks

Al

Two of the three? In that case I've got the third :)

Have you got details of the others? i.e. pictures or contact details of the current owners ?

Edited by machman