4.2" Mortar

A fellow collector of mine over in the states has recently restored a towed 4.2" Mortar to add to his British Airborne collection.Apart from the fact he has done a cracking job on the restoration it is also capable of firing.

The flare in the mortar round is so he can find it ! :idea:

Rob......................rnixartillery.

• 1 month later...
A fellow collector of mine over in the states has recently restored a towed 4.2" Mortar to add to his British Airborne collection.Apart from the fact he has done a cracking job on the restoration it is also capable of firing.

The flare in the mortar round is so he can find it ! :idea:

Rob......................rnixartillery.

I have the cover for the towed 4.2 mortar. Am taking it down to Stoneleigh to sell incase you are interested.

Nigel

I worked for a company in the UK in the past. who manufactured Weapons for the M.O.D & Overseas customers.

We had at that time, a LOT of WWII Surplus weapons & Spares in the factory.

We had a barrel for a 4.2" Mortar, Upon making enquireis, it transpired that the Imperial War Museum did NOT have a 4.2" in it's collection.

So we donated the barrel to them. I dont know if they ever sourced a Bipod & carriage/Trailer for it though.

It would make a very nice display in the land warfare centre at Duxford. Should they ever do so!