cookhouse menu and duties

ok as the date is now set i am having to sort menus out so can i put this up and tell me if there is anything that you dont like

friday pm

sweet and sour chicken over rice/potatoes

sponge and custard

sat pm

roast carvery roast potatoes and veg choice of 2 meats

baked rice pud

sunday pm

mince and onion pie,veg and gravy or pasta bolognase

fresh fruit cocktail or apple crumble and custard

plus breakfast every day of bacon sausage,egg and beans plus b&b

tea/coffee available at all times plus cold drinks available

if there is anyone who does not like this idea please let me know what to put on instead as trying to work out for catering for over 200 and not sure yet how many helpers i will have

so i am working on what i can cook myself plus i need to work out quantities of what to buy

i am also trying to sort out a main cookhouse team so if you are intersted of doing a bit in the cookhouse weither you can cook or not please let me know as i am looking to get about 8 people together who would not mind getting dirty in the sink or clean in the sweaty kitchen which i would get your food hygine certificate for which involves doing a online course and takes 2 hours

if i can get a good team together it means that everyone can have some time off to take part in the event

David you a hero! Thanks very much for sorting this all out and making what will be a brilliant weekend even better I am sure. I will offer my services as a washer uperer, potato pealer, chopper and general dogs body as and when I am not on child care duties!!!!

menu looks delish by the way, well apart from the custard :-X dont do custard in the cube household!!!

• 4 months later...

ok a little bit of a update on the food due to me being able to get on a few main suppliers

deserts will be a choice between hot desert or cold desert of black forest gateux or chocolate fudge cake

plus there will be a small vegitarian option each day so if you are a veggi please let me know so i can order in for you

still after a mobile freezer if anyone has 1 sat around so i dont have to keep going out for the shopping

friday pm

sponge and custard / black forest gateux

sat pm

baked rice pud /chocolate fudge cake/any gateux left

sunday pm

pie,veg and gravy or pasta bolognase

plus breakfast every day of bacon sausage,egg and beans plus daily special

tea/coffee available at all times plus squash available

Could we see the wine list please :whistle:

You should be asking Rosie that one.:D

I have heard a rumour (unconfirmed) that the old WW2 fuel pipe line across the channel is being resurrected to flow the other way.

Mike

if you lot want wine as well you had better put a extra 10 pound each in the food budget so i can buy it the same time as i get the food ordered 1 bottle red and 1 bottle of white per person that pay the extra and then cant promise what house wine tasts like:cool2:

ok a little bit of a update on the food due to me being able to get on a few main suppliers

deserts will be a choice between hot desert or cold desert of black forest gateux or chocolate fudge cake

plus there will be a small vegitarian option each day so if you are a veggi please let me know so i can order in for you

still after a mobile freezer if anyone has 1 sat around so i dont have to keep going out for the shopping

friday pm

sponge and custard / black forest gateux

sat pm

baked rice pud /chocolate fudge cake/any gateux left

sunday pm

pie,veg and gravy or pasta bolognase

plus breakfast every day of bacon sausage,egg and beans plus daily special

tea/coffee available at all times plus squash available

Excellent David, a menu fit for a King, :tup::

i'll do my bit on the the pan bashing, just don't ask me to cook and please keep the food covered at night time ! i had a couple of mates who broke into the cookhouse one night looking for a midnight feast, which they found but they also had the bright idea of peeing in the large pan of beans that the chefs had left out ready for the morning. when we were all at breakfast the next day they laughed all the way through it until we'd finished and that was when they told us :undecided: a belting prank, i could tell you of a few more but the mods would delete them. anyway please keep the beans out of sight :D

rick