BC-1306 radio help please

good evening all!

i have a BC-1306 radio that i want to fit into my MB. its complete, with all wires/accerories etc, but i dont have a clue what to do with it!

How do i wire it in? is it just a live and an earth? secondly, how do i turn it on once its wired in?

ive never had anything to do with radio sets, so i really have no idea!

cheers,

Rich

I believe the TM you are looking for is:

TM 11-2715 Installation of Radio Equipment in 1944 Jeeps · 1/4 Ton 4x4 Willys MB and Ford GPW Jeep

Available at:

http://www.armyradio.com/arsc/customer/pages.php?pageurl=/publish/TM_11-2715/TM_11-2715.htm

Do you also have the FT-250 mount? I think you also need them. The 1306 also needs a vibrator, and those are fairly rare in working condition (IIRC its takes 6/12V and makes the different plate voltages for the tubes).

good evening all!

i have a BC-1306 radio that i want to fit into my MB. its complete, with all wires/accerories etc, but i dont have a clue what to do with it!

How do i wire it in? is it just a live and an earth? secondly, how do i turn it on once its wired in?

ive never had anything to do with radio sets, so i really have no idea!

cheers,

Rich

Hi,

Look at the videos on youtube under bc-1306, they have some good old Signal Corps ones.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bc-1306&aq=f

Check out Roy as well as Armyradio. I got my set up through him and it worked a treat.

http://milradio.com/

You will also need a PE-237 (hard to find) or the DY-88 (easier to find) if you aint already got one to make it work.

You should also have a square junction box alongside the passenger seat for the power pack to wire into. If you are doing a WW2 US jeep set up the DY-88 normally comes with foreign markings on which you will have to gently rub off and replace the lettering with a dry stencil letter set.

Please dont forget that if you do not have a license you cannot use it to transmit you can only listen in.

I do believe this jeep set up was only use late war as the power packs were late in delivery so not often seen.

Irecently removed this set in my jeep but I’ll see if I have any pictures of my set up.

Hope this help?

Ps, is your jeep radio supressed?

Paul

Edited by BIGREDONE

thanks for all the help guys :)

I think ive got it wired up right, i just need to change the voltage setting on the DY88. its currently set to 24v, how do i change it down to 12v?

The jeeps not supressed (yet), but i'll work on that when i strip her down for the winter.

Im never actually going to use it, its just nice to have it all working :)

thanks for all the help guys :)

I think ive got it wired up right, i just need to change the voltage setting on the DY88. its currently set to 24v, how do i change it down to 12v?

The jeeps not supressed (yet), but i'll work on that when i strip her down for the winter.

Hi Rich,

Take the front off the DY-88 and you will find a linkage that will change the voltage, you want the middle setting for 12volts, watch the indicator window.

TM11-230C covers the radio set but not the DY-88 which is post war.

I have a copy of this and can help you with photocopies if you need them

Hope this helps.

David.

Its interesting to listen too all the stations you can pick up, I had radio europe and a christian channel along with a pirate radio station and if I remeber correctly I used to get an aircraft repeating station and what sounded like morse code transmissions? but watch out you dont drain your battery like what I did listening to it for hours.

Paul