Stretcher fit for Landrovers

Chin Strap

Alec I am not sure how much of it sticks out but the bit of EMER below is quite concerned about the protrusion & obscuring stop lights. There is even reference to vehicles not fitted with stop lights, given that this is an EMER covering Rover 3, 5, 6 & 8 did any of these not have stop lights?

App2766.jpg

This is part of the EMER for the Carter stretcher gear which is a much more organised arrangement than the first EMER I put up that was basically lashing the stretcher down with rope!

App2765.jpg

Ref.

"Quarter Ton" book by Pat Ware, Warehouse Publications.

Carter ambulance conversion page 105 , good photograph with tilt off , same kit as used on Champ

page 132 anothe photograph from rear with tilt fitted (hood extension)

----

text

In 1956, FVRDE experimented with fitting the Carter gear intended for the Champ onto either the 86" or 88" Land Rovers. Here a FV18001 Land-Rover is seen from the rear with the frame, hood and stretchers in position.

The experiment was not a success (IWM)

Edited by ruxy
- inserted in Land Rover to remove eBay Hijack (possibly)

Ref.

"Quarter Ton" book by Pat Ware, Warehouse Publications.

text

In 1956, FVRDE experimented with fitting the Carter gear intended for the Champ onto either the 86" or 88" Land Rovers. Here a FV18001 Land-Rover is seen from the rear with the frame, hood and stretchers in position.

The experiment was not a success (IWM)

Not sure that I would agree with that, I don't know on what basis someone at the IWM would say that, rather more than an experiment I would have thought:

Ministry of Supply Fighting Vehicles Division

Development Liason Report No. 38

17th Sept 1959

"Adaptation of Carter Stretcher Frame. This project has been completed"

EMER WHEELED VEHICLES Q 027 Misc. Instr. No.4

Fitting of Carter stretcher gear

Published 1964, 1965, 1966

Thanks Guys

Not the stretcher fit I saw or used.

This fit was mounted on the outside of the LWB tub. Hinged folded up between the tilt and sticks when not in use.

Short for space this provided my bed whilst not on radio stag. LO and FAC with HF VHF UHF a nice little repro if someone has a LHD FFR that they want to make a little special. VRN 66HG90.Crew of three with most of the office work carried out from the rh seat. or by remote away from the wagon. Mast fitted on rear bumpet. Shankley not normaly towed, but prepositioned within ops area for Rats and Fuel replen.

Edited by Chin Strap