Medal stolen from D-Day Museum Southsea

BIGREDONE

Hmm, I was going to offer some of my fathers D-Day stuff to the museum. Not quite so sure now.

Might get into trouble for saying this seeing I have been a great supporter of the museum for the past 8 years....But this is what happens when the council make staffing cut backs.

• 2 weeks later...

FYI Guys.........."THIEVES who stole two items from the D-Day Museum – including a medal awarded for bravery – have been returned.It was first noticed that the George Medal and souvenir badge from the 1936 Berlin Olympics were missing from the museum in Clarence Explanade, Southsea, on October 3.But on Wednesday night both items were posted through the door of city council leader Gerald Vernon-Jackson’s home.He said: ‘I’m really pleased that we’ve got them back. It’s great that either someone decided they’d done the wrong thing, and wanted to put the situation right, or that somebody found them and decided to do the right thing.’Both items were on loan to the museum from separate lenders and their owners have been informed of their return"............. Regards Paul