Visit to the S130!

Jack

Its a bit of a shame that the casually interested person like myself can't see the restoration gallery pictures unless we become Gold level sponsors.

While I understand the need to raise funds it does kind of shut the rest of us out. Its a bit of a double edged sword.

Oh well, we will wait to see what she looks like once completed, I wish them luck and good sponsorship

R

Well you guys don't seem to be very good at searching. You can see pics of the S130 Restoration Project at the Roving Commissions website http://www.rovcom.co.uk/s130_ww2_schnellboot.htm along with some video footage.

By the way, S130 was originally fitted with three V20 MB511 engines, giving 2500hp, not MB501. During the Cold War, operating in the Baltic for MI6, two MB518s, at 3,000hp, were installed. The engine in the picture is an MB518, we have four of these.

All the best to you all

• 9 months later...
Ah balls, are they going to?

Any luck finding out who is going to rebuild the engines Jack? Now THAT i would like to involved with :)

Richard

Hi Richard - should be able to answer that on Monday :)

- was going to have a look at those engines myself...but I am too busy :coffee:

For a couple of years, when we held our annual MVT event at Mt Edgcumbe, (still do), we trundled out to Millbrook to view progress on the S130, and interesting it was too. However, for the last two years .....nothing, no contact, or at least no replies. A couple of members did a recce, and the site looked somewhat inactive.

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 years later...