Radio's and WC 51's

gas 44

Hello all,

I know that there are many answers 99.999% of which will totally confuse me :nut:.

My question is this, in the later part of "44" early "45" what radio set would,could or may have been cobbled into the Dodge WC 51.In addition how and where would they be mounted.

I have been looking for photo's but have thus far drawn a blank

I understand that there may have been an "official" set up,but what about the "needs must" situations that arise during combat and the fog of war.I know there are "TM's" that cover this but I am also aware that many things were done outside of the normal.

After talking to my wifes uncle (now 92) and an ex Dunkirk/D Day vet...Sexton Gunner, its become more and more clear to me that when advancing or retreating at speed,with shells falling and friends dying almost but not completly, anything goes.

So, I know that I could get TM 11-2725 and that would give me the factory fitment,but our Dodge is not straight from the QM store or where ever they were issued from its got shall we say a little.........charm;).

As always thanks in advance,Gary

Hi Mate , I used to own a 1942 Dodge WC51 many moons ago which was a command vehicle with a field artillery unit of the Indian Head division - That was fitted with a 50 cal Browning along with 2 wireless sets - One a bc1306 Jeep type radio and psu and the other was a SCR528 Command radio

Hope this helps

like the photo. not that good on vehicles id but love radio kit !

Pye Olympic M201 or M202

Reception Set R107

Reception Set R109

Reception Set R1155

transmitter 1154

Pye PF1 Pocketfones ? (cant see that well)

hope that bench holds out must be 500lb on it :wow: