milweb

afvnut75

Thought id ask the question on here as i visit milweb on a daily basis i ask my self why is it that some vehicles on there sell in less than 24 hours and others sit for months Are people very picky these days when it comes to buying a military vehicle ? or has the market overall slowed down considerably because of fuel prices and this economic climate ,And why oh why do people put a vehicle up for sale on there mention everything about the vehicle but dont put a price i find this as irritating as people saying offers !

its just a few questions that have recently got me scratching my head over !

There was a time when milweb was a great place to look for parts or vehicles but over the past few years it has changed and the varity of vehicles and parts offered is much less that it was,probably in part due to there being less free ads.

I don't think the MV market has declined,good vehicles are still selling for strong prices but there is a lot of over priced stuff about too and the number of WWII project vehicles coming onto the market has virtually dried up.

Is the any other online service for selling/buying MV's other than Milweb or Ebay (and of course hmvf)?

MT

ads in the MVT's green sheet will appear on line (eventually)

war and peace website has classified section

the others I know of cost money and are no longer have the dedicated MV sections they used to eg autotrader and expand and fart

It costs nothing to advertise on milweb for non traders, so chancers put vehicles on there for stupid prices hoping someone with more money than sense will buy.

That depends on whos defnition of 'trader' you're working to.

It costs nothing to advertise on milweb for non traders, so chancers put vehicles on there for stupid prices hoping someone with more money than sense will buy.

I'm not a trader but the last ads I submitted I received an email saying they would not be added unless I made them a photo ad,which there is a charge for. I could understand this for vehicles but for parts and a wanted ad?.

Thought id ask the question on here as i visit milweb on a daily basis i ask my self why is it that some vehicles on there sell in less than 24 hours and others sit for months Are people very picky these days when it comes to buying a military vehicle ? or has the market overall slowed down considerably because of fuel prices and this economic climate ,And why oh why do people put a vehicle up for sale on there mention everything about the vehicle but dont put a price i find this as irritating as people saying offers !

its just a few questions that have recently got me scratching my head over !

nothing whatsoever to do with the dealer who i understand underwrites Milweb getting 'on the inside track' then? :D

I have submitted ads which have never been posted nor have I had the e-mail suggesting I am a trader and should submit a photo ad. I just don't bother now I just rely on word of mouth and scanning wanted adds.

Same here mate , tried many times with wanted ads and they just didn't go on the site with no answer or reason why ! Annoying really cos I wanted the ad in the Classic Military Vehicle Magazine and that seemed to be the only way to do it ! Oh well maybe someone will start a competitor site up ! :D

I can only speak from my own experience of Milweb.

I have bought & sold things in free ads, paying for a photo & webverts. I have had no problems whatsoever & very pleased with the service it provides. On a few occasions I have needed to contact the administration & found them to be most helpful.

I can only speak from my own experience of Milweb.

I have bought & sold things in free ads, paying for a photo & webverts. I have had no problems whatsoever & very pleased with the service it provides. On a few occasions I have needed to contact the administration & found them to be most helpful.

I think the difference with milweb now is they appear to have tightened up as they know how many times people try to place ads and if they only place free ones then Milweb is no longer prepared to let them do so if they are frequent users - that appears to be their (un?)fairly simple definition of a trader.

I am not for one second suggesting antar or any others have been over-using (or "absuing") the free part of the milweb service, but I have some sympathy with Milwebs attitiude. In principle you set up a new busiiness and offer freebies to get it noticed, then once it has attained a regular customer base you withdraw the start up incentives - this is a basic buisiness model. Therefore why should they continue to let you advertise for free when they know people now regard it as "the" place to buy and sell and are prepared to pay for it ?

that said it is (was?) a very popular site and the band width costs must be mounting so why should they subsidise it for free users - after all even Jack's pockets turned out not to be bottomless for HMVF!

Anyone setting up a competitor site is only going to reach the same point and will have to charge - competition will then be not will they be free, but will they charge less ?

Case of speak as you find,

for me Milwed has proved to be both fast and efficient on the occasions I have used it. It's a fact of life now that there are very

few 'free lunches' left in the world.

All things considered I think the price charged by Milweb is not unreasonable when one considers the scope of market available to

advertisers and the quality of presentation, by comparison try placing an add on one of the on line car marts and see how little you

get for your money.

Pete