Centurion blade sight question..

PScott

Does anybody know the correct color or the Blade Sight fitted just forward of the cupola on the Centurion?

I have and NOS( New Old Stock) one which is Black, were they fitted this color or were they then painted to match the tanks base color?

Thanks..

Blade.jpg

Gents,

That is the 'Sight, Vane, Twin Blade, No.9'. Assembly (part) number LV1/VSM34421TS.

As I undersatnd it, issued black, but painted along with everything else in the colour of the vehicle, at least, that is the case with all the Cents I have looked at in Australia.

Mike C

Thanks for the reply,s....

I have stripped mine of all paint ready to refinish.

The unit is actually a work of art..the base is cast bronze and every linkage arm is fully machined .Every component of the sight is serial numbered.......alot of work in manufacture just for an aux sight!!

Hi Paul,

Didn't realise the original post was from you (duh!): should learn to read more closely.

The Sight is made up of about 50 individual components, including the nuts, bolts washers that hold it together and to the turret roof: quite a work of art, but if all else fails.....

Don't remember any crewmen I have interviewed ever commenting on using it, or how useful it was. Must ask!

Mike C