Wartime in the vale. Evesham

Due to the fantasticness of this forum, we found ourselves needing to go to this show as the most honourable Chevpol picked up a package from Stoke on Trent and bought it along. We are very appreciative of this help and hope his Landys springs aren't too squashed!!!!!!! :kiss:

Right on to the show then.

We set of at 8.30 this morning in the rain which we shook off on the M4 and uneventfull run up to arrive for 11 (275 mile round trip :shocked:). The carpark had plenty of room to park. We got in for free with our MVT membership cards, instead of paying £7/£3 or £15 for a family, which isn't a bad price really. First impressions to be honest was that the field looked very empty but were told that there was lots more vehicles further across the field.

We looked along the stalls, some nice ones with vintage clothing on sale at reasonable prices, the usual militaria stalls and of course the childrens tat stalls (which is where I was forced to spent my money!!!!). We wondered across the ground and found the rest of the vehicles and was impressed at how many were there. A lot of different vehicles spread about in what seemed a haphazard manner but also allowed us to look all round each vehicle with no rope stopping us. Not many driver/owners about to chat to though.

I thought the camp where all the nissen huts and air raid shelters were was fantastic, we had a great time looking in and around them all, they had so much in them and the Stanton (?) shelter with the air raid recording was brilliant! We missed Kitten-von -Mew singing but did catch the dancing in the beer tent, can you tell them they are fantastic and made me want to learn to dance that good!!!!!!!!

The arena was a good size it was such a shame that so few drivers played in it.

The atmosphere was very relaxed and we were made to feel very welcome by everyone present.

Very nice to meet up with friends-Chrisg, Smithy, Nickjohns (and his wonderful cinema) :yay:

and of course its always nice to meet new people-Chevpol (love you muchly xxx), papav66 (crocs are so comfy hey?!!!), and boom-boom with his biggy!!!! :hug:

Also spotted but not caught up with were Clive Elliot and Rexy baby. :flowers:

Will add pictures in a while, just need to get the cubelets to bed, eat the chinese and drink the chardonnay!!

Well done everyone, good show, glad we came up. :-D:-D:-D

Oh and by the way just for Rambo, the toilets were good and saw the honey wagon several times!!!!!!

Got back a couple of hours ago after spending the weekend on site. Good to meet up with some faces off the forum and well done to Paul and his team in pulling together another great show!

Only just settling down after packing away the stuff from the weekend etc so will post a few piccies in the coming days when I get five minutes.

Yes many thanks to Paul & all his helpers. Paul you must be exhausted by now, you were on the go every time I saw you. Rosie I didn't knowingly see you but today heat & pollen took its toll & was mostly spent in the shade lying under the Wolf.

So next year the 60 years of the Champ celebrations I believe.

As promised here are my piccys

The Dakota flew over and a person waving like mad could clearly be seen!!!!

its pink so I like it!!!!!

These guys were great and posed especially for me

The dancers were blinkin fantastic, I came away buzzing (didnt even have a drink either!)

"Oh look TV lets watch!" NickJohns set up, brilliant as ever

The cubed one taking in the atmosphere

We found a spare GMC engine but sadly it wouldnt fit in my handbag!

Boom Booms big one!

A nice GMC going through some TLC

Smithys fire engine!

026.jpg

035.jpg

033.jpg

036.jpg

038.jpg

041.jpg

049.jpg

051.jpg

065.jpg

069.jpg

073.jpg

079.jpg

081.jpg

Yes many thanks to Paul & all his helpers. Paul you must be exhausted by now, you were on the go every time I saw you. Rosie I didn't knowingly see you but today heat & pollen took its toll & was mostly spent in the shade lying under the Wolf.

So next year the 60 years of the Champ celebrations I believe.

Saw you from afar yesterday, but you were busy chatting!!!!!

Just got back, an knackered!!! Way to hot today.

Big congrats to Paul for such a wonderful event, definatly back next year!!.

Nice to see Clive and Chris again, meeting Smithy was good to, but to top it all was finally meeting Rosie and Richard, hope you all got back safe.

I think I had a bit of heat stroke, as I had to stop several times loading up to come home!!

Dakota flypast was great, nearly dropped my camera on that last pass, hope the pilot didnt think he was at Arnhem!!

Anyway piccys to follow as usual.

Can I say, if anybody hasnt been to this one, and they have a free day/weekend next year, come to the show, you wont be dissapointed at what you see.

TTFN

Mark

Just got back, an knackered!!! Way to hot today.

Big congrats to Paul for such a wonderful event, definatly back next year!!.

Nice to see Clive and Chris again, meeting Smithy was good to, but to top it all was finally meeting Rosie and Richard, hope you all got back safe.

I think I had a bit of heat stroke, as I had to stop several times loading up to come home!!

Dakota flypast was great, nearly dropped my camera on that last pass, hope the pilot didnt think he was at Arnhem!!

Anyway piccys to follow as usual.

Can I say, if anybody hasnt been to this one, and they have a free day/weekend next year, come to the show, you wont be dissapointed at what you see.

TTFN

Mark

We got back fine thanks Mark, and can I say huge thanks again for collecting the lighting set for us, Richard has been playing with it on and off all day (sounds a bit wrong that!!!) This forum truly is a God send ;)

We had a good time yesterday, shame its so far for us really. :( But who knows, we may pop up again!

Well what a fantastic weekend and thank you so much to all of those who attended & supported the show. Definitely the highest number of vehicles and public that we have ever had. Once I've done a final count I'll let you know.

If it hadn't rained on the Friday evening I'm sure we would of had even more. Whilst I was busy I actually felt quite relaxed as the whole event ran so smoothly.

Great to meet Rosie & RCubed, literally recognised her by her Rosie coloured crocs!

As usual good to see Chris, Clive and his funny little bearded friend.

Chevpol - thanks for putting on your display but if you come back next year I think I can find you another spot closer to the camp.

Nick's cinema was very popular & so many people went in & think some were just pleased to have a seat in the shade, so thanks again.

Yes that Leyland Retriever (1933) looked immaculate and I also like Dave B's Austin K2.

There was so much I liked about the show especially seeing the camp at its best with the Spitfire, the re-enactment displays & the atmosphere in the beer tent on Saturday night.

For some of the arena slots some vehicle owners were a little late at getting in on time, but it improved over the weekend and as usual Andrew Baker's Alvis display with pyro demonstrated some brilliant driving.

Briefed the cadets Saturday morning & asked them if they had seen James May's TV programme with the Airfix model & told them it was their lucky day. 5 mins later, ours rolled up & they got to work & very grateful we were for their help.

I didn't get chance to take many pictures so if you have any good ones then please let me know. Come on Snapper Smithy.

cheers Paul

IMG_0467.jpg

IMG_0473.jpg

Edited by Papav66

Hello Joe, welcome to the forum & for your support.

cheers P

I would like to say a big thankyou to Paul , as it was a great show , it seems each year it is getting bigger and better!

Already looking forward to next year !

FIRSTLY - A BIG THANKS TO PAUL VALIDES AND Mr & Mrs BOB JAMES FOR PROVIDING US WITH AN OUTSTANDING LOCAL EVENT. LONG MAY IT CONTINUE TO GROW !

As for myself, it was a very busy and successful 3-4 days. Managed to bring my Unimog-based teleprinter station and radio Kubel (both ex-Bundeswehr ) which were set-up to represent a typical NATO re-broadcast station. On-air before and during the event, I made many good radio contacts across the UK, and, received on-demand telex broadcasts from Germany (Hamburg meteo - though sadly, few use mechanical teleprinters these days, so no exchanges were possible). Several other stations also operated over the weekend from other nearby vehicles – Neil Wedgebury (Bedford Radar Vehicle), Jeremy Carvill (Bedford microwave rebroadcast station), Mark Elliot (Landrover 127). Several Austin K9 radio trucks were also in attendance but, am unsure whether any of them were broadcasting. Hand cranking the 1960 BMW - powered generator continues to be a problem (its not just a matter of eating more Corn Flakes…) so, if someone out there is familiar with the BMW 403 (300cc motorbike / Issetta engine), then I would be grateful for a chat sometime.

Finally, here are some additional pics I took during the event, which I will send as a few posts (space limitations !)

Cheers,

Steve 82

On the Field:

DSC01072.jpg

DSC01067.jpg

DSC01057.jpg

DSC00956.jpg

DSC00953.jpg

DSC00950.jpg

DSC00941.jpg

DSC00939.jpg

DSC00933.jpg