ax40

It's now a couple of weeks since Overlord 2011 ended, just 48 weeks and six days to go to Overlord 2012. From the posts in various areas of the net and from personal contacts we seem to have got things to your liking in 2011 so what can we do to make 2012 better?

We have already started planning the show and discussing those areas that need improvement, your input would be a great help.

Looking forward to your comments here or on our blog http://solentoverlord.co.uk/blog

Rob (Vice Chair SOE)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A spare set of feet and knees would be nice please :-D

All joking apart, all comments are welcome. As Rob says we seem to be going along the right lines but we can always improve things, so go ahead............

It's now a couple of weeks since Overlord 2011 ended, just 48 weeks and six days to go to Overlord 2012. From the posts in various areas of the net and from personal contacts we seem to have got things to your liking in 2011 so what can we do to make 2012 better?

We have already started planning the show and discussing those areas that need improvement, your input would be a great help.

Looking forward to your comments here or on our blog http://solentoverlord.co.uk/blog

Rob (Vice Chair SOE)

Rob,

Left some feedback on your blog, however would it be possible for me to book an early morning shake and a nice cuppa to be brought to my tent in the mornings by a member of the SOE show committee?

Regards

Paul

• 2 weeks later...
Just got my copy of Military Machines and there's a good report in it on Overlord 2011 and its seams the other show didnt do very well at all going by the article in the same mag ????

Picked up the mag today, as you say a stonking report on Overlord :D

I wont comment on the report on T&T.

But there are a couple of photos of a very nice looking GMC, one on the contents page and one (ok its the same photo but printed twice!!!!) on the Overlord show report page!!!!!!!!!!! (driver looks a bit of alright to!:red::red::red:)

Picked up the mag today, as you say a stonking report on Overlord :D

I wont comment on the report on T&T.

But there are a couple of photos of a very nice looking GMC, one on the contents page and one (ok its the same photo but printed twice!!!!) on the Overlord show report page!!!!!!!!!!! (driver looks a bit of alright to!:red::red::red:)

Thanks for the heads up - will go and track one down now.

Be right back.

Good report guys and well done you.

Looks like you have cracked it and fast becoming the souths permier military show. Your hard work has paid off.

What you need to do now is to raise the game - to 'step up' and keep evolving. Do something special each year to keep it fresh and appealing. Hit the public relations button and advertise outside the military world. The hobby is guilty to just advertising to itself and is missing the wider audience.

If SOE isn't on Twitter or Face Book then get that done ASAP - this is where the new generation of MV nuts are - tap into it.

Cheers,

Jack.

this years show was fantastic. next year even better. we need a bigger beer tent :nut: hopefully the patriots bikers will come along. ( patriots all ex forces & always at wooten basset) nice guys , and would like to say all the effort the SOE guys did . A BIG FANTASTIC CLAP. nice one guys & lovely ladies .

This is my first time on here for a very long time. All sorts of things have been going on - some good a lot very stressful - to keep me away, but here i am again!

To start off with, I have just published my review of Overlord 2011 on my website - http://www.simonsfotos.co.uk

This was my first MV event for a long time and was excellent.

Some of you may also have noticed that my website disappeared (thanks Fotopic!). Hopefully the new one looks far more professional and is easy to load and use.

Comments welcome.

Simon

Good report guys and well done you.

Looks like you have cracked it and fast becoming the souths permier military show. Your hard work has paid off.

What you need to do now is to raise the game - to 'step up' and keep evolving. Do something special each year to keep it fresh and appealing. Hit the public relations button and advertise outside the military world. The hobby is guilty to just advertising to itself and is missing the wider audience.

If SOE isn't on Twitter or Face Book then get that done ASAP - this is where the new generation of MV nuts are - tap into it.

Cheers,

Jack.

there is a page on facebook

http://www.facebook.com/pages/SOE-overlord-military-show/227324873968480

• 5 months later...