Great weekend

markbg

Hi - just thought I'd post now before collapsing - show was great - kids thought so too - lots of runs on the Fox ch ran well and to top it all two firepower displays with the barrel realistically firing which I'd never seen or done before - loads of friendly people and very good atmosphere ;)

thanks all for the weekend and the organisers which made such an enjoyable time for us

cheers

Mark "VERY sunburnt" B

after finally starting to recover from the event can i say thanks to all the people who attended and made our life at the gate so much easier and giving roger time for his display

plus a very special thanks go to dave trys team .roy, pops and marcus from excalibur pete and kim from the dugout without all these people who you might have seen or not at the gate my life would have been hell:kiss::kiss::kiss: 10 hours sleep from friday 8am till sunday 8pm wasnt to bad

and sat evening being given a beer shampoo was the worst that happened so relieved over that:nut:

1 day i hope to be able to go see some of the events

roll on the next event now to go back to sleep

Was too far for me too I am sorry to say. Hope it went well and looking forward to the pictures.....

I didnt take many ;) was far too drunk most of the time and when sober was busy driving - there were official photographers and a film crew so should be something posted up soon

It was a great weekend - enhanced by the fact the weather decided to co-operate this year! Saturday was a scorcher, Sunday was a bit cooler due to the "breeze"....

Lots of interesting displays - both re-enactors and vehicles and interesting events (during the public times and after...)

I think a big vote of thanks is due the organisers and staff who made the weekend such a fun and happy occasion.

Here is a taste of the arena action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaS4jYHbrRQ

I'll add my thanks to all our Event Provost Team Honourary 118-118's :)

Many many thanks one and all, you made our lives a darn sight easier, and next year, folks, the CWP static display WILL be properly set up, as I finally know how it'll go together ;)

Anyhow, many thanks one and all again, and most especially to Lee and Ian for all the hard work in getting the event to run, and we're looking forward to next year :)

Oh, and for those of you who saw me completely... erm... well, ten thousand sheets to the wind on Friday night (and that's putting it mildly), WHOOPEEEEEEEEE!!!, lol :) Ain't been that fizzed since Ex Cop Shoot '93 at Hohne ;) And no hangover on the Saturday, either! Heh, 40 years playing the drinking game, and I've finally got it cracked :nut:

Edited by Redcap
spelling - again!

Many hands make light work Roger. Unless it's Dave Ives birthday (Spot the oblivious feller on the left, lol!). Thanks to Roy for the pic'.

DSC_1295.jpg

Edited by Pete
Forgot to give credit for the pic.