Hi from East Yorks.

Evening folks,

My names Mark, live in east yorks, into Landrovers for many years, always had

a soft spot for anything olive green and humongously big.

Just joined mainly out of curiosity as I spotted a Militant for sale just up

the road from us which has been brought up in a forum post on here.

Passed it on the road and thought 'mmmmmm?' I wonder.:nut:

Will put a post on asking for info etc if thats ok?

hi welcomw where abouts in East Yorks? I am from Blacktoft. I also put the post on about the militant but i know nothing about it apart from it seemed to just appear out of nowhere

Just up the road from you, you pass our house.

Hello Mark, welcome Mate, I saw the militant when I passed through Howden yesterday, also saw the BV in front of the farm on the way to Welham bridge do you know it ?

believe the BV belongs to a company called NK Recovery

Hi mark and welcome to the forum..... I,m just down the road from you in goole. I saw the militant

when it first arrived in howden, it had a crane in the back having been used by a firm in beverley

and it was yellow in colour. The lad who restored it appears to have done a good job.

Regards

steve

Right, decided against the Militant, too slow to be useful realistically, need something with a little more speed bout 50ish ok, seen a cuple of REOs on Milweb so a possibility there but not just yet, got to have a good suss out first. Any info on them would be appreciated, then i'll

probably change my mind again but will end up with something BIG and GREEN :nut::nut::nut::nut::nut:

Hi mark,

get yourself a man,s truck !! A nice gmc , mine will sit at 40-45 mph all day and a lot easier to get

parts for a gmc than a reo. By the way , i had a reo before the gmc. Feel free to call me if you want to have a look at my gmc, i am off work for the next week.

Best wishes and thanks for the friends request,

steve.

Hi mark,

get yourself a man,s truck !! A nice gmc , mine will sit at 40-45 mph all day and a lot easier to get

parts for a gmc than a reo. By the way , i had a reo before the gmc. Feel free to call me if you want to have a look at my gmc, i am off work for the next week.

Best wishes and thanks for the friends request,

steve.

PM sent

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...

Well it's been a long time since I last posted on here, it was to say I'd got a Zil 131, so finally it's on the road converted to a camper, class 4 mot'ed and taxed £0

Been on a run out to a local steam fair the other week and booked in for Harewood House steam fair in sept.

Been a long hard struggle but finally it's there. :shocked::D:D:D:D:D