A great big hello :wave: to one and all. Never new about this forum till Mark Barns told me about it. My name is tony, I live just on the out skirts of the Salisbury Plain training area (SPTA). My main intrests are modern military photography, I am currently running a website called Plain Military but things have been a bit slow due to the fact that most of the regiments around me are on active duties somewhere in the world. Apart from my photography I also play a part at the Boscombe Down Aviation Collection (BDAC). We have a whole load of airframes currently under restoration and a handfull of vehicles that have been handed over to myself and some friends to restore. We have got ourself a massive barn which we have just finished converting into a workshop. The vehicles we have include

Thorny croft MK9 crash tender

Rangerover 6X6 TACR2 RIV

Land rover SER3 109 HSV (helicopter support vehicle)

Bomb loader with two bomb trolleys

assorted bombs for the trolleys 1 PAVEWAY, 1- 500pd and 1 - 1000pd Iron bomb

Bedford MK Airfield re fueler

two Ferret scout cars.

All the vehicles have got a long history with Boscombe down one way or another. The sad thing about the vehicle is that they are going to need quite alot of work to bring them back to life. I do have some pictures of them on the Plain Military website so please feel free to have a look. Our main goal is to get all of these vehicles up and running for some shows but we are going to need some help so would it be OK to ask you chaps if we get stuck with something.

Well thats about it sorry for the life history but you did ask. Thankyou for reading this new post and hope to hear from you all soon.

Tony Hoare

BDAC

http://www.plain-military.com :thankyou:

Welcome Tony sounds interesting what you lot are doing down there, feel free to ask away there are many knowledgeable people on here who can help I am sure, and don't forget to post some of your pictures.

By the way, Jack has put the dancing girls :yay!:somewhere, you will have to ask him :-D

Good morning Tony and welcome aboard.

And thanks to Mark for pointing you this way and I am not far from you, I am down in Dorset. Looks like you have your hands full there and some great pictures on your site.

There is enough people here with enough knowledge to be able to help you. With regards to the Dancing Girls - they were with Snapper the last time I looked :schocked:

Ok, slightly confused here now :oops: I went looking for the HMVF dancing girls as they were with Snapper the last time I looked but I have just driven past his house and saw these dancers leaving his house.............. :-o

width=640 height=480http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/richmorris/morris.jpg[/img]

Mark - is there anything you would like to tell us?

hello & good afternoon Tony,

i had a small look round your site, ace 7 well done for taking on a few projects. i am sure you will curse, throw,kick & generally beat them up a few times before they are finished.

welcome on board

Berni