Jeep Radio BC-1306 Info please

Wolfy

Hey Folks,

Can anyone tell me what a BC-1306 costs nowadays? I think like anything they have gone up in price due to rarity.

I have the opportunity to buy the power supply pack PE-237 for $250, is this a good price or a normal price? Just trying to figure out if its worth buying.

Many thanks from a radio virgin :-)

I looked into a 1306 for my jeep a few years ago. The price has remained fairly level, but the vibrator (power supply) and the mounting brackets for both the radio and the vibrator were the most difficult to find.

If it IS a PE-237 (not a DY-88 or other post war unit) get it. If it works its worth it. I don't know of anyone that repairs them, though.

I do know a guy DID repro the mounts (both of them, but are spendy). Most of the times the original vibrator is broken and you end up with a post war unit.

IIRC 3-4 years ago a complete kit (less the mounts) was approx $1500 US. The newly reprod brackets were another $300-400 US

The hard part (for me) is finding a tech that can calibrate the units. I had so many dead ends trying to get someone to calibrate my BC-611s that I gave up.

Army Radio Sales in the UK is probably the best to talk to about this:

http://www.armyradio.com/arsc/customer/home.php?cat=100

Most people don't seem to reduce the price if it doesn't work. They post for 'retail' and disclaim 'may or may not work'.

A guaranteed working unit would most likely have a premium on it... as would a COMPLETE unit.

One thing to watch for is the BC-1306 was made post war by the French. I've seen them marked in Russian, French etc. So make sure that you are getting a USGI WWII unit if you are paying top Dollar/Pound/Euro. Other than markings (open the case, if its not in English it post war) I really don't think they are different.

The BC-1000 also has post war units.

Some may just be repainted, others built under license.

Edited by deadline

Do you need a licence to transmit on an operational radio, otherwise you can lose it and the Jeep.

why would you want a BC1306. They were only used right at the end of the war. What you want is a BC659 or to be really different a BC654.

I'm no expert but I think you've answered your question in your next posting.... 654's dont come up often and are very expensive. Not keen on the look of 659's. Besides BC1306 radios are far nicer looking (IMHO) and were introduced in 44 which is fine. Thanks for your input it all helps.