Albion CX22S

Neilie

This is directed to the lucky folks who own a real Albion CX22S HAT.

I am currenly scratchbuilding this vehicle in 1/76 scale and have built the engine with most of the left side detail as the web provided a great photo of the left side.

My question is, was it normal to open the top of the bonnet on one side for checking oil, servicing etc. (as it appears to be hinged down the middle). If so, I will model it open but if it is one piece, I will leave the left side panel off.

I was sure I saw a picture on the web with one side open but have not been able to locate it again.

Thanks in advance for any response.

Cheers,

Neil

Hi Neil, The bonnet is hinged down the centre, and both sides are removable for maintenance. The sides are held closed by sprung hooks. Undo the hooks and lift the sides to access the engine.

I have attatched a couple of pics from the manual, if you want some photos of the engine let me know and I'll get some taken for you.

It would be good to see some pics of your model.

Hope this helps, Davie.

albion eng.pdf

albion eng2.pdf

Hi Davie,

Thanks so much for the engine pics and the engine compartment information. Everything seems to be on the left side of the engine which is pretty much the detail I have modelled. Any pics would be helpful. The cab interior is going to be difficult as to date, I haven't been able to find any interior pics.

Anyway, I'm almost to the point where I'll take some progress pictures and share them with you.

Thanks again for your valued assistance.

Cheers,

Neil

Hi Folks,

Here is a couple of progress photos of my 1:76 Albion CX22S HAT. A bit more progress has been made since these were taken as the front is pretty well complete except for the bonnet top. Also a winch cable guide has been added just in front of the rearmost set of rollers.

For you chaps used to 1:1 scale, this is roughly 4" long and doesn't take up much room in my "garage".

Special thanks to "Davie" who has provide much valuable information over the last few days.

Cheers,

Neil

PS I also included a 1:72 scale Russian MAZ-537 Tractor also scratchbuilt except for the tires.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38527[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]38526[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38528[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the compliment but, yes they are "braille" scale as we call it. The MAZ has a detailed engine as well.

The Albion has since undergone a bit of surgury as the vents on the bonnet sides were cut wrong and the mudguards are a bit large in the radius. All has or is under reconstruction and pics will be posted later.

Cheers,

Neil