A Brace of No 27 Ammunition Limbers.

A Great job Rob!

What do the '25 Pdr Boxes' (for the sake of the correct term) look like which I presume slot into the Limber and how many rounds are stored per slot?

It is heart warming to see a completed restoration as it gives me hope :D

A Great job Rob!

What do the '25 Pdr Boxes' (for the sake of the correct term) look like which I presume slot into the Limber and how many rounds are stored per slot?

It is heart warming to see a completed restoration as it gives me hope :D

Thanks Alastair.

I know when you are working through a long term restoration that it seems to go on for what feels like forever but its all about preperation and if a jobs to do its worth doing right if you cut corners you will end up regreting it later !

The limber carries 16 trays each carrying two rounds ,32 rounds in total.

Pics attached

Rob.......................rnixartillery.

DSCF6186.jpg

DSCF6740.jpg

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I along with a few others on this forum had many dealings with Rod who passed away quite suddenly ,in my case in the way of trading parts and collectables.

Its hard to imagine but most of the no27 limbers that are listed in the auction were all dug up several years ago from an old swamp ,amazing how preserved they were after a pressure wash !

Morris C8 ,I can tell you one thing for sure ,you have a great deal of work ahead of you with that limber !

Rob......................rnixartillery

• Like 1

On 1/31/2022 at 6:44 PM, rnixartillery said:

I along with a few others on this forum had many dealings with Rod who passed away quite suddenly ,in my case in the way of trading parts and collectables.

Its hard to imagine but most of the no27 limbers that are listed in the auction were all dug up several years ago from an old swamp ,amazing how preserved they were after a pressure wash !

Morris C8 ,I can tell you one thing for sure ,you have a great deal of work ahead of you with that limber !

Rob......................rnixartillery

I was thinking it might be to much for me as well, but at least i saved it ,

so i think i will sell it to someone who can take over doing it up. for what i paid for it.