Wartime in the Vale, Ashdown WW2 Camp Evesham 25/26 Jun 2011

Papav66

Again I'm pleased to confirm that following the success of last year's show with 280 military vehicles & 200+ re-enactors its on again for 2011.

I would like to invite those who attended last year and any other vehicle owners to what will be the Midlands largest military vehicle event so please either register or visit if you can.

The camp continues to grow... New for 2011:

- Nissen No. 8 recently went up

- Alan Williams Turret arriving soon

- New Armoury

- 1940's bedroom

If you would like to see the last show report click here: http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?19419-Wartime-in-the-Vale

or

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=wartime ... N08#page=0

Also happy to hear any suggestions on how to further improve show.

MVT members and non-members welcome.

Location: Ashdown Farm, Badsey, Nr. Evesham, Worcs, WR11 7PA (just off A46)

For more info, please visit www.ashdowncamp.webs.com

Please do call me if any queries, Paul on: 0779 159 1528

Wartime Vale 2011.pdf

Wartime Vehicles form.pdf

• 1 month later...

Hello Mark,

Green's preferred but we are not strict, so welcome to camp behind.

cheers

Paul

will be there also, I am negotiating with the domestic authority to see if we can attend both days!

Will we be able to pitch our civy tent behind my display, or is it in a seperate area?

Mark

• 4 months later...

Hi, just a quick update to say that over 250 have now registered with more still booking in so still on track for 300+, hurray.

Very pleased to see quite a few members from here booking in & pleased that hummermark is due to bring his Leopard Mk 1 with Faun Transporter, Dave with his Foden Drops & a few other interesting vehicles like a White Half-track, an M20 and the list goes on...

The Dakota has been confirmed for the Saturday & might even have something for the Sunday.

And of course we have even more re-enactors supporting this event.

Plenty of militaria stalls for you guys to have a rummage, 38 at the moment with more booking in.

FREE entertainment on the Friday & Saturday night with Kitten-Von-Mew, Fiona Harrison & DJ Woody.

So do please download form if you can make it or do ask if any queries.

I'll start to send passes out next week, so please bear with me.

cheers

Paul

Paul, have you sent out the show forms yet as I haven't received mine so far?

Also my mate wants to come, but isn't taking his truck as he is coming up from Cornwall, but wants to come up in his van with his 12x12. He is an MVT member. Can he just turn up, he will be with me?

Cheers

Andy

Hello Andy,

Yes you are registered & I'll start sending passes this coming week.

Whilst it is free for MVT members to visit during the day we do need to charge a fee for camping if not bringing a vehicle. Public camping is normally £25 for the weekend but can do for £15 as an HMVF or MVT member. pm sent.

Now up to 280 military vehicles.

And meant to mention earlier that Nick Johns will be running his cinema in one of the nissen huts.

Hello Andy,

Yes you are registered & I'll start sending passes this coming week.

Whilst it is free for MVT members to visit during the day we do need to charge a fee for camping if not bringing a vehicle. Public camping is normally £25 for the weekend but can do for £15 as an HMVF or MVT member. pm sent.

Now up to 280 military vehicles.

And meant to mention earlier that Nick Johns will be running his cinema in one of the nissen huts.

Thanks for the PM.

I will pass on the info. Cheers, Andy.

The pass has arrived, so I will be there with my Russian GAZ 69. This is my first season in military vehicle and second time my truck will be displayed. Looking forward to being there. Hope the field is big enough to acommodate all those vehicles!? :shocked:

The pass has arrived, so I will be there with my Russian GAZ 69. This is my first season in military vehicle and second time my truck will be displayed. Looking forward to being there. Hope the field is big enough to acommodate all those vehicles!? :shocked:

No worries there mate. The site is pretty big. Also got my pass during the week. Looking forward to the show.:-D

More good news today - took a call from our local contact at the Linc's Lancs Association who said that in addition to the Dakota coming on Saturday there is a very strong possibility that we will have the Lancaster, Spitfire & Hurricane on the Sunday, as they are also scheduled to flypast Wellesbourne & Cheltenham & drawing a straight line that means coming over us, so I'm very very pleased.

More good news today - took a call from our local contact at the Linc's Lancs Association who said that in addition to the Dakota coming on Saturday there is a very strong possibility that we will have the Lancaster, Spitfire & Hurricane on the Sunday, as they are also scheduled to flypast Wellesbourne & Cheltenham & drawing a straight line that means coming over us, so I'm very very pleased.

Excellent news Paul. Really looking forward to next weekend, let's hope that the weather decide's to play ball as well!

Scott

Guys, I think this is going to be a great weekend as we now have over 320 mv's booked in & over 20 re-enactment groups.

Been on site today and the field & camp are just looking great, and really pleased with my new set of wheels to get me around the showground with ease. Picked up this little bargain at Stratford-upon-Avon tip!!! Yes its a little golf buggy.

See you soon,

cheers Paul

IMG_0460.jpg

Guys, I think this is going to be a great weekend as we now have over 320 mv's booked in & over 20 re-enactment groups.

Been on site today and the field & camp are just looking great, and really pleased with my new set of wheels to get me around the showground with ease. Picked up this little bargain at Stratford-upon-Avon tip!!! Yes its a little golf buggy.

See you soon,

cheers Paul

Paul,

you just need a bottle to put on the front, am thinking of the BIG bottles of whisky :cool2:

Can I go where I was last year please?

Mark

Pass came yesterday (friday) :yay::yay:

see you all there, will have my display, come and say hello.

Mark

I understand we will be seeing you on Saturday (hopefully!)

It looks like a good event so am looking forward to it. Hope weather stays dry.

Hi Mark, I think can remember where you were, but come & find me & will a good spot for you, cheers P

Paul,

Hope to be there approx 8ish, depends on traffic etc (leaving Stoke between 5.30 and 6!!)

Rosie, hopefully see you saturday fingers crossed

TTFN

Mark

PS, was going to put "I will be the one with the green landrover", but I dont think that will work lol!!! Look for the landy flying the HMVF Flag off one of the aerials