Its getting cold !

Mk3iain

Morning in Aberdeenshire.

We have had a bit of snow, some frost and plenty of rain but it is officially winter when I cant see my front door because of the smoke on start up from my milly. :-(

And it is much worst when it gets really cold !

Some feel it will be a harsh winter this year,..bring it on! (running back in to the woodburner).

Photo-0055.jpg

I wish!!!!!!! nah, we are a bit more modern now!!!!! That was about 20 years ago!!! Bristol VR's and Leyland Olympians

Mark

Mark,

I was pulling your leg, East Kent had Arabs still in service in early 1960's, all with Gardners. In the yard where I work is a Lodekka with a 6LW, can stand for months, then it will start instantly, wonderful old engines...........and it does not smoke!

Yes indeed, it is just now a nice clear day and -10°C here in northern Sweden, in a few weeks it will start getting really cold.

R, uhm, they start sticking together at about -18°C or so, not that cold.

Edited by OErjan

Its all relative isnt it really!

For those in the UK what they consider "cold" is "warm" to us!

Coldest I have experienced so far was minus 42 degrees celsius and I didn't have to go far from here for that.

What I like about winter is the sounds, squeeky snow being a favourite

R

This our Bv206 supporting a local unit exercise in the casevac role.

The vehicle stays with the troops exercising on the ground as it is easier to make the one way trip out rather than assume that the troops will have good comms down to the OPS biv site and then deploy out to the grid.

Some times it does troop lifts and the occasional recovery when the RSM dumps the Milcots in the ditch.

R

EXERCISE BV BIATHLON 2006 025.jpg

EXERCISE BV BIATHLON 2006 020.jpg

EXERCISE BV BIATHLON 2006 001.jpg

EXERCISE BV BIATHLON 2006 031.jpg