Hack Green Nuclear Bunker 3rd Oct.

Hi folks. Paid a visit to the radio ham kit clear-out sale. Did not get there too early but went inspite of the heavy rain. The hanger was packed with folks and traders, with one trader out side under a tent stood in a inch of water! I did not think quite as much military radio gear as usual but a few good buys to be had. (three Jane's weapons systems 70-80's books £15).

Look forward to the spring event, always worth a visit. Not to mention the fantastic bunker museum. A few pics. of the day.

Andy.

2010-10-03 Hack Green Bunker Radio Fair.jpg

2010-10-03 Hack Green Bunker Radio Fair (3).jpg

2010-10-03 Hack Green Bunker Radio Fair (4).jpg

2010-10-03 Hack Green Bunker Radio Fair (7).jpg

2010-10-03 Hack Green Bunker Radio Fair (8).jpg

I went up as well and I take my hat of to the trader outside in the rain it was persisting down

all the time I was there but he always had a cheerful smile on his face and a friendly greeting

to all who stopped I don't know what he was on but I will ask him to send me some for the

next show I do

Commander

Went down for the event too, what's the score with the yellow defender on an "05" plate ?

Now for the real problem, after leaving the bunker we called in to see the bloke around the corners with all the ex-mod Land Rovers, having spent about an hour with him in the pouring rain, took his card and agreed to phone him later in the week about purchasing some lightweight spares.

When we arrived home in Cumbria found that I'd lost his business card. Does any one know his name and phone number ?

Phil

Went down for the event too, what's the score with the yellow defender on an "05" plate ?

Now for the real problem, after leaving the bunker we called in to see the bloke around the corners with all the ex-mod Land Rovers, having spent about an hour with him in the pouring rain, took his card and agreed to phone him later in the week about purchasing some lightweight spares.

When we arrived home in Cumbria found that I'd lost his business card. Does any one know his name and phone number ?

Phil

Hi, yellow defender. Think it belongs to the owner of the Bunker museum.

Landi dealer. Had a few parts off Him my self.

Paul Johnson Ag.Engineers.

Nantwich,

01270 626617, hope that gets Him for you.

Pity we did not all get together, at the spring sale hope to have our signals display there (need a HMVF flag):D Andy.

Good guess Mike, Pinz is a P80 ex swedish, has a fibreglass nose because it has one of my intercooler convesions, even with all the gear bolted on it still goes very well. Nigel.

I was going to say a Pinzmeister intercooler conversion, but:

- I would sound like a closet rivet counter; and

- would sound like a shameless plug for a very nice conversion :D

Nice truck though, seen that green before is it standard?

• 2 years later...
The white armoured looks like the one on page 65 of Classic military vehicle magazine. Withams have one (Alvis Tactica APC £35,000 !!)........

hmmmmm, it may be one of the 4 rwd perimeter control vehicles build for AWE. Beautiful machine. Over £125 000 new.

1. nice piccys mate, who owns the white armoured car?

Mark

It could be Alvis or Glover Webb, but either way its a Tatica... normally running Merc engines... we have 9 of them but with more gun ports along the side... (3 from memory) all left hand drive.... pukka bits of kit....

[*]

It could be Alvis or Glover Webb, but either way its a Tatica... normally running Merc engines... we have 9 of them but with more gun ports along the side... (3 from memory) all left hand drive.... pukka bits of kit....

what are the SG numbers from the ID plates please?

Some Tactica ran mercs, a lot were Perkins.

The AWE ones were preselect auto gearboxes RWD only. only 4 ever made.

I will need to check, I take this is the plate on the offside dash?

All of ours are Merc engine and 4wd...

Jeez, I think the plate was fitted there, sometimes in the drivers seat box. Was an anodised plate with number stamped on them, sometimes badly. Really old ones had cast plates and then stamped up. I think they had the SG number, the engine and chassis, and if more than one on a contract a slash for number, like SG119/8.

SG119 and 121 were Perkins 180Ti They are the IEDD wagons.

SG109 and 096 were the demo and fwd control ones.

The white bonneted ones for AWE were the only RWD only ones that were made, 4 in total, these had an uprated engine I remember and the preselect gearbox.

I wish I still had the record book that had all the chassis numbers and engine numbers etc. All recorded, weighed before and after build, memory often plays tricks now :shocked:

what colours are the ones you have? Do they have the vacuum formed plastic panels in the rear?

Edited by Lumpy

• 1 year later...
If memory serves me right, it's an Alvis protoype. I might be wrong on the make, but I remember this for sale on ebay a few years ago, without an engine or gearbox, but in virtually new condition.

Ok, got it! Vickers Mark 11 protoype with 105mm gun, built for long range border patrols. In the link below, there's a reference to it, and you can enlarge the pictures: http://www.members.iinet.net.au/~dgrev/dhmg/vick001.html

And yes, had a lightbulb moment, and remembered that it was featured on here before:

http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?29030-Vickers-MK11-(-Viper-)-Boader-Patrol-Vehicle

Edited by ltwtbarmy

• 8 years later...