Integral Land Rover FFR Battery Box and Radio Table

Rover8FFR

Some time ago I aquired an integral battery box with installed cabling, which included an attached table for bolting the radios down. It has a laminated sheet inside that has a vehicle registration number.

It looks more current that say an old series landrover install with seperate battery cover / sliding table etc so guess it is out of a Defender/ Wolf?

Is such a piece of equipment suitable to afix into a ser3 lightweight Winterised FFR that was cast in the early 90's.

If anyone is struggling to understand what I mean I can photo tonight and post images up to thread.

Cheers

Wayno :-\

Thanks Ruxy!

I guessed as much, although I think there is a slight difference with the male/ female connectors. without having the bits in front of me (socket / lead) I believe one of them has 2 connectors and the other has 3???? does that sound correct. Do you know?? :-\

I have a pair of FFR's with unitary kits fitted but they are garaged away just now with poor access. Similar set up I would think - a pair of NATO spec. tank starting batteries and a spare tray for another pair if required - can't see reason for different plug / sockets ?

Hi. Dont know if this is any help. My FFR A/P is a 1980 and the shunt box is between the front seats.

But all the cables that connect the unitary radio station to the charging system are I'm sorry to say two pin. I even have a long lead for remote use (if station used in building etc.)

The A/P station has the internal batteries connected internally via, a cable that plugs into a bank of sockets that are connected to the radio terminals. The charging circuit is connected via a short lead to the shunt box.

I should be loading trailer for event tomorrow. If you need pics. of the various leads I will try to sort next week when back.

I am sure I have spare cables in the shed somewhere, I would have thought it would be no problem to rewire with the correct plugs.

Andy.

I think I have one of the chargers for these - it's a solid steel lump which claims to take 240V 13A in and put 24V 60A out (I think). The cables that came with it were 3-pin round ones for the inlet and a strange keyed 5-pin connector for the outlet - sadly I don't have any cables for that end, but I did find out the type and pinout from the manufacturer :-)

Stone

Hi. Dont know if this is any help. My FFR A/P is a 1980 and the shunt box is between the front seats.

But all the cables that connect the unitary radio station to the charging system are I'm sorry to say two pin. I even have a long lead for remote use (if station used in building etc.)

The A/P station has the internal batteries connected internally via, a cable that plugs into a bank of sockets that are connected to the radio terminals. The charging circuit is connected via a short lead to the shunt box.

I should be loading trailer for event tomorrow. If you need pics. of the various leads I will try to sort next week when back.

I am sure I have spare cables in the shed somewhere, I would have thought it would be no problem to rewire with the correct plugs.

Andy.

Pictures always welcome Andy. Thanks

• 1 month later...