End of Season Mini-Bash 25th-26th September

Marmite!!

Back by popular demand the End of Season Mini-Bash at the Kelvedon Secret Nuclear Bunker.

25th-26th September

In support of

Gurkhalogo.gif

All welcome including Heavy Tracked & the "Play Field" will be open again. If you attended last year you will know what a great laid back show this was. Not on the same scale as our main Bunker Bash show but well worth attending.

Entry to the public is free but we will be asking them to stick a few pennys in the bucket, all proceeds to the Gurkha Welfare Trust, we are in contact with them at the moment & hoping to have some Gurkha's in attendance.

Anyone interested in attending just drop me a PM, no need for forms to be sent in for this one.

If you want to stall out with your vehicle, no problem just put £10 in the bucket for a standard pitch.

All exhibitors will get free access to the Bunker for a tour.

Camping from PM Thursday 24th

Lee & Ian.

Bunker Bash Team.

I'm on holiday mate - but if I don't go away - I shall be there.

That reminds me - have you still got my grease gun?

Its proberly in the same place as my tin of grease :D (he never did get round to greasing the No Love trailers steering)

Its proberly in the same place as my tin of grease :D (he never did get round to greasing the No Love trailers steering)

Thought you got the grease for other purposes:shocked:

Yes got your gun Mark, Ian told me to keep it :blush:

• 1 month later...

Only a fortnight to go! Would all members please google how to do the Navajo Sun Dance (Or the Rain Dance in reverse will do.) please! :cool2:

Lee, any sign of Harry getting the poster/flyer knocked up yet? (Nag, Nag, Nag.)

I've got to tell you about this folks. Last year (While on the gate.), I had a "well to do couple" complain about the amount of "Dog Sh*t" on site. Upon picking up the offending stuff, and offering them a sniff, they agreed that it was from the "Fun Pit"! I almost didn't laugh, honest Guv'! Errrm, the mud!

I hope to see loads of you on parade next week.

(Give me a prod, I'll be one of the eejits on the gate.)

As the 118's are not on form!???

Edited by Pete
made a mess of it the first time.

are there going to be many trade stands at the show?

Not many, it's a Chill out weekend & not a show on the scale of our Bunker Bash, traders have been told about the event but we are not taking traders bookings, it's just turn up if they fancy it, cost of pitch £10 to charity.

Looks like we are going to have a good turn out of vehicles again & we have a few more groups attending this year too..

Just got home from the end of season bash. Another great time time despite the weather, battery problems and losing the hatch key for the OT!!

Sat was the best day weather-wise, bright but cold and thus probably attendance as well (lee will confirm, or refute, this! :D) A lot of people seemed to leave on Sat night though and were not there on Sunday.

Today was overcast and, later afternoon, started that horrible fine rain that gets everywhere. By the time I had sheeted the OT up (staying there for a couple of weeks as it's being collected for a job of work) I was damp through. By the time I had fought to get the two batteries out I was pretty much soaked.

I had to commute both days due to problems with the caravan so I missed out on the evening activities. Sat was fun too - after having found the hatch key for the OT had gone AWOL I went to go home, started the Bentley - it ran for a few beats then cut out and left me with absolutely no power at all - no dash lights no nothing. Jump starting got her running again but I think I have a battery problem there as well.....

A lot of people seemed to leave on Sat night though and were not there on Sunday.

Four MV's left Saturday & they were only there for the day, good turn out even with the driving rain Friday & bitter cold Saturday, a few more MV's arrived this morning & the rain held of right to the end..

We had a 6 living history groups turn out too.. one was still there when we left.. must of been having too much fun

Thanks to all those that braved the weather & supported the event, everyone we spoke to enjoyed it & wasn't put off by the weather, all said said they will be back

Edited by Marmite!!

We braved the weather and a few cold nights in the back of the truck but we enjoyed it as the company was good. To be honest I did expect a little more of a turn out to this event and i was a little disappointed to see people leaving on the Saturday.

Neil

I hope we didn’t keep your lot awake Friday night , the alcoholic beverage factor was a little high. Your more than welcome to come over for a natter as is everyone on here.

Time for cup of tea.