Wartime in the Vale

After missing out on this show last year I was determined to make it this time around and I wasn't disappointed by what was on offer. With over 300 vehicles in attendance and the hot weather that we have enjoyed recently it made for a great Saturday out.

Once again met up with the organiser Paul (Papav66) and also nice to meet up Andy (LoggyDriver), thanks for showing me around your Bedford!

Below are a few pictures from the event, starting with the smaller vehicles on show. Took quite a few but won't put all of them up as it could take a while. :-D

217.jpg

010.jpg

007.jpg

032.jpg

108.jpg

147.jpg

022.jpg

058.jpg

087.jpg

029.jpg

Hello mate,

It was nice to meet you. Thoroughly nice chap our Smithy.

Considering this is only the second year of this show it was excellent. A very good attendance of vehicles. The only thing I would say is that I feel it could do with a little more publicity as the public seemed to be a bit thin on the ground, although I was camped towards the far end away from the arena. I will definitely be going next year.

The weather was vicious. VERY hot on Saturday with no wind. Just as hot today but with a nice breeze. The trip up on Friday was a total nightmare as the A34 was gridlocked and it took about 3 1/2 hrs to get there. Coming back was great apart from the massive hill on the way out of Evesham where the Bedford was doing all of 10mph for about 2 miles!!! Luckily my mate Mark Cook followed up the rear with his Yellow RAF Defender 90 with Amber beacon flashing contently.

I will follow up this post with pictures, but I've just got in so will do it in the next few days.

Cheers

Andy

Another good weekend at Wartime in the Vale. Well done to all the organisers.

Got home about 7.30 Quite an eventful journey home in the Champ silencer split again 2nd one in three years. Generator not charging so two flat batteries Ho hum Pictures to follow

Another good weekend at Wartime in the Vale. Well done to all the organisers.

Got home about 7.30 Quite an eventful journey home in the Champ silencer split again 2nd one in three years. Generator not charging so two flat batteries Ho hum Pictures to follow

Hi Chris, glad you home safely though!! nice meeting you (and CW) and Paul, sorry Loggy, saw your truck, Clive, a pleasure to meet you also, I understand GWT was there aswell?

Excellent show, both my fiancee and my stepson enjoyed it to, hope there is one next year?

Hot day, pity not much public about, something to do with a sportring event? pictures to follow, pity a few exhibits left early (some sporting do?)

A cracking show

All the best

Mark (slightly sunburnt!!)

Hi Guys,

Thanks for posting those pics, some good ones there. I hope to post some later once I find my camera.

A great weekend, with many more vehicles & public than last year, but I'm sure that as it was so hot it probably put a few off attending & of course it was quieter on the Sunday due to the footie.

Really impressed with some of the dioramas like Yanks, Land Army and our local boys 2nd Bat. Glosters with their pub, and good to meet some fellow HMVF'ers.

Hi Mark

Sorry i missed you. I was hanging out with two beautiful girls all weekend which curtailed my opportunity to talk to friends. Actually, the girls were my daughters and i had them both as my wife was working. They seemed to survive the camping experience though and really enjoyed it all. I am trying to break them in to the whole military vehicle collecting hobby. Seems to be going well so far. A good weekend, but a little bit too warm for me.

Tim

Hi Guys,

Thanks for posting those pics, some good ones there. I hope to post some later once I find my camera.

A great weekend, with many more vehicles & public than last year, but I'm sure that as it was so hot it probably put a few off attending & of course it was quieter on the Sunday due to the footie.

Really impressed with some of the dioramas like Yanks, Land Army and our local boys 2nd Bat. Glosters with their pub, and good to meet some fellow HMVF'ers.

Hi Paul,

Just like to thank you for a great show. The WW2 Camp was great and you could tell a lot of time and effort went into it. As it's a central location no doubt next year will be even bigger and better than this year. Thanks for all your efforts and book me in for next year mate.

Cheers

Andy

WOW! Some nice pics there. A lot of stuff that you dont normally see down south. I like the ultra rare GKN Simba. Must be the only one in private hands. Like the Humber trucks as well. Thanks for the pics...:thumbsup:

Very imposing that Simba & yes the only one in UK & one of my favourites.

It was a great atmosphere around the camp & the MP's had fun dragging mis-behaving Mops into the Cooler.

Also thought 'Monty' looked good in the Dingo.

wartime vale 2010pics 010.jpg

wartime vale 2010pics 013.jpg

wartime vale 2010pics 009.jpg

WOW! Some nice pics there. A lot of stuff that you dont normally see down south. I like the ultra rare GKN Simba. Must be the only one in private hands. Like the Humber trucks as well. Thanks for the pics...:thumbsup:

I was chatting to the guy who owns the Simba. It's the only one in private hands in the world. There were a 150 built and all went to the Philippines. The guy who owns it actually works for BAE Systems (GKN) and was the one who accompanied the vehicles to the Philippines as they were delivered in kit form and he went along to show them how to build it. He said he actually built the one he owns himself and was in a position to purchase this one from GKN (as it was then). God knows what he paid for it but I bet it wasn't cheap!!:shocked:

That really is nice. Its a shame the M.O.D didnt take them up. If i remember rightly they were in production around the same time as the Saxon.

Yes. It actually has Saxon axles fitted to it and a Perkins engine. He told me it's good for 70mph (which I can believe as we were doing that in the Saxons we had) and weighs about 10 tonnes. Interestingly it's taxed as a PLG.