Large truck carburetor

Grasshopper

Yep.off my M55 truck (LWB M54),its from a 10L Continental R6602 engine which is in my M55 & the reason for a rebuild was the M55 broke down for the first time (on the M25) last year.The prime suspect is the carb (as in wasn’t a fuel or elec problem & the inside of the carb was black with soot,from the amount of times the engine had backfired though it),even if it it’s not the problem,I go with every little helps & it can’t hurt!

sounds good, my carb is still suffering from crap in the fuel lines, have cleaned most of it out now but am fitting a new tank next weekend and this should give me nice clean fuel...the engines run very sweet for a 10 litre petrol engine...what fuel consumption do you get on a run...what weight are you empty...i am about 20 tons with the M62.

My M55 is about 13ton empty & can take about 10ton in the back,it had a base overhaul in 1969 so I guess it got a replacement R6602 engine as when I got it in 1998,it had about 2500miles on the clock.It does about 3 or 4 mpg,as Grasshopper (aka Vince!) has just changed the fuel filter,I will find out on Sunday how much fuel tank stuff it caught,but for a big petrol lump (10L) they (fingers crossed!) are a good engine.