Reporting Live from A&E

Folks - thought I would share some pics with you from base camp!

All is well - some issue I have to crack first thing in the morning.

But Mark got to base camp with no aid of a satnav...! I joined him at around 18:00 tonight, so we sat in the sunshine and had a beer.

Previous to that we had a major problem kick off about 10:00 this morning....the following pictures will explain...

410.jpg

409.jpg

408.jpg

411.jpg

407.jpg

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Previous to that we had a major problem kick off about 10:00 this morning....the following pictures will explain...

Hi Jack,

Did Mark have any luck sourcing the part he rang about this morning? If not, try this one, L W Vass Ltd, in Bedfordshire, 01525 403255, I am sure they will have the part.

Hope all goes well this w/end.

Whilst Dave was setting up the cook house on his own (I did say to Mark we should help him but he said no....let him do it by himself) we went for a drive around Dorset in Marks Girls Truck...

And a view from base camp..

Picture 005.jpg

Picture 007.jpg

Picture 008.jpg

You put up the pathfinder hq tent yet jack?

Remember the lion skin rug is on marks side and zebra pelt is on mine and serving girls with bowls of rosewater in the middle. NO I repeat NO burning torches outside, they attract the midges and sounds of the sentries slapping themselves all night will keep us awake :-\

yes the cookhouse broke down on the way througth the alternator packing up and nearly giving jack a heart attack:cool2: but thanks to recovery now on site just need to get a alternator from woking way heres to a good weekend and if you break down make sure it is near rownhams services as the lowloader knows where we are

NEWS UPDATE

R-Cubed and my dad have just left Hayling!!!!

Wonder how long it will take them to get there?!

Great work Rosie! I have to attend to some stuff in town this morning and then I will be back at basecamp for good. Hopefully Dave with have a cup of tea waiting for Cubeness and your dad when they arrive.

Heliops will more than likely be asleep in the hay..........

Please keep us sorry lot that can't come updated!

Will do JN!

Had a meeting yesterday and expected figures of public attending the Carnival in Dorchester on Saturday is 10,000:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:

..........and 9000/day for Maiden Newton at War:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:

- kind of thinking that we have gone over the top with the PR :whistle:

Great work Rosie! I have to attend to some stuff in town this morning and then I will be back at basecamp for good. Hopefully Dave with have a cup of tea waiting for Cubeness and your dad when they arrive.

Heliops will more than likely be asleep in the hay..........

He will need that cuppa! By the time we had finished packing, hooked up gun and finished all bits and bobs (which involved me and dad putting the world to right over some brandy!) it was about 0020 when we went to bed, my alarm went off at 0555!!!!!!!!!!!

Right off to work now, love to the cubed one when he arrives. :kiss:

:shocked: Steep hills round there!

No problem for a Ward La France with six wheel drive and a new torquey diesel engine. :D

On another note, that must be one of the earliest Bedford MJ's I've ever seen. Amazing that it took so long from WWII prototype to early eighties in production.

Or is it simply a re-cabbed QL?

Yes the weather is perfect and Heliops and Chef Ives are sun bathing as we speak........slackers!!!

I will put up The Pathfinder Magazine banner on the side of the road so you know where to turn and then it is straight down the track into our field!!!

I AM NOT STRESSED.

the bedford is a mk multifuel engine

r cubed ,phil and a sherman are now on site but spade for loos at the moment

Glad to hear she got there, the lorry driver got a bit concerned when he was sent into the village...! Thanks Mark and Richard for rescuing him. :thanx:

Whilst Dave was setting up the cook house on his own (I did say to Mark we should help him but he said no....let him do it by himself) we went for a drive around Dorset in Marks Girls Truck...

And a view from base camp..

my god!, that was a steep hill you're driving up in the last pic, some crawler gear!!!!:-D