bc-611 Radio

It says FRS (family radio service), the frequencies of which are used in many parts of UK by blue light services, MOD, and hams. So use in UK would not be legal, and with so many other users you can expect to be found very quickly. Confiscation of equipment (if it's found in a vehicle that too can be taken), fines, etc. Best just to not fit any batteries, and just show them.

It says FRS (family radio service), the frequencies of which are used in many parts of UK by blue light services, MOD, and hams. So use in UK would not be legal, and with so many other users you can expect to be found very quickly. Confiscation of equipment (if it's found in a vehicle that too can be taken), fines, etc. Best just to not fit any batteries, and just show them.

Thank you for the reply and information.

I have two empty shells coming over with a view to fitting the appropriate radios ie the type from Argos (although other outlets are available)

Thanks again

Paul

PMR446 radio (Argos et al), must by law have antennas you can't remove. So having a UHF radio in a metal box, will mean that the range will be nil. As you can't connect the antenna to the one fitted to the BC611 case, again the range will be nil. Just connecting a wire from the PMR446 radio, to the BC611 antenna will not work very well. The PMR446 antenna is made to work at 446Mhz, and with your hand as a earth plane. The BC611 antenna, works at about 60Mhz.

When I did this for someone years ago, we put the PMR446 radio in a plastic box. It was to replace the function of a Larkspur radio in a Ferret, and so was on the top of the turret and connected to the harness.

The mic/earphone insets in the BC611, may not be suitable either. And you will need to get a PMR446 radio, which can have external headsets etc. Like most things, given enought time and money anything can be done. But there are no quick fixes for this, I have spent years doing this for a job. If I can help any more, PM me.

Thank you for the infomation it is most useful and thank you for your further offer of help :thumbsup:. I will now await the postie to see what these radios are like and post up when they arrive.

Hopefully I can have them ready for A&E in June.

Paul