Big ray

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very sorry to hear of his passing.

I don't post on this forum much, but I spent a good many hours on this thread reading Ray's amazing stories. I should of taken the time to thank him for sharing them.

RIP

James

Edited by Sidewinder

This is Tony Wilcox, Ray`s son. It is with deepest regret that I must inform the readers of this forum that my father passed away at 13.35 on Sunday 16th December. He remained the dignified man that he was until the very end but lost his most difficult challenge. It is probably the first challenge for which he could not find an answer. He found comfort sharing his past with the readers of this forum and greatly enjoyed the responses he generated. He raised me and worked with me and we also shared our interest in MV`s. I am proud of the man that I am today thanks to his input and will miss him dearly.

Very sorry to hear of his passing.

I don't post on this forum much, but I spent a good many hours on this thread reading Ray's amazing stories. I should of taken the time to thank him for sharing them.

RIP

James

I too had enjoyed his stories early on and encouraged him to keep on writing I had been off the forum for long time , I had just read the post of his being ill just recently but thought he was going to be OK .My sincerest condolences to his family. I 'm glad he was able to pass on all stories he did , now they will be an archive we can read and re-read . RIP Big ray

This is Tony Wilcox, Ray`s son. It is with deepest regret that I must inform the readers of this forum that my father passed away at 13.35 on Sunday 16th December. He remained the dignified man that he was until the very end but lost his most difficult challenge. It is probably the first challenge for which he could not find an answer. He found comfort sharing his past with the readers of this forum and greatly enjoyed the responses he generated. He raised me and worked with me and we also shared our interest in MV`s. I am proud of the man that I am today thanks to his input and will miss him dearly.

Very sorry to hear the sad news Tony, deepest condolences to family and friend.

Tony, your Dad was very popular and highly respected on the forum and throughout the military vehicle movement and I know that the thoughts of all members on here will be with you and your family and friends at this very sad time.

All the Guys and Gals in the Birmingham & West Midlands Area MVT are saddened to hear of 'Big Rays' passing. A true gentleman. I he will be a huge loss to North Staffs MVT. Our thoughts are with Ray's wife Margaret, son Tony and all of the family.

Phil

All Rays friends in Cheshire & Merseyside MVT were saddened to hear of Rays passing. He was one of lifes gentleman whose happy outlook on life will be sadly missed by one and all.

Our thoughts are with his wife Margaret, son Tony and family at this very sad time.

John

The North Staffs MVT Group will be opening up their club house on the morning of 2nd January from 08.30 am as

a meeting place which will be warm with complimentary tea/coffee biscuits for anybody who is coming to Rays funeral

who would like a central meeting place all are welcome the address is

MOTOR CLINIC

TRENTHAM ROAD

LONGTON

STOKE ON TRENT

ST3 4DJ

Chris Bond AKA "Commander"