Wartime in the Vale - Ashdown WW2 Camp, Evesham 26 & 27 June 2010

Papav66

Following the success of last year's with 250 military vehicles and 200+ re-enactors, I would like to invite those who attended last year and any other vehicle owners to what will be the Midlands largest military vehicle event so please either register or visit if you can.

If you've not been to the site it really is quite unique with all the Nissen huts and different types of air raid shelters etc. especially when its full of vehicles and people. Its a 40 acre site with a decent sized arena and fairly flat ground for camping.

Vehicle Groups attending: Alvis Fighting Vehicle Society

Austin Champ Owners Club - National Champ Camp

E.M.L.R.A. Ex-Military Land Rover Association

MVT Military Vehicle Trust

Pink Panther Display

Severn Valley Leafers Re-enactment Groups & Displays:

• 2nd Battalion Gloster Re-enactment Group 1944-45
  • 16 Parachute Field Ambulance
  • 16th Panzergrenadier Division
  • 67 Signals Regiment
  • 85th Gebirgs, from the 39-45 Living History Society, inc. Enigma Machine
  • 116th inf reg 29th inf div
  • 185 Brigade (KP1) WW2 British Infantry
  • Airborne-Eagles
  • Battle of Worcester Society
  • Bomb disposal unit
  • Das Reich
  • Glos Living History
  • Forever Forties
  • Kampfgruppe Stahlkrieger (formerly Tiger1)
  • Kompanie1
  • Northern Forties
  • Simon De Montfort Society
  • South Wales Borderers
  • South Wales Screaming Eagles
  • Tewkesbury Battlefield Society
  • Tommy Atkins Society, WW2 British Infantry
  • Vale of Evesham Historical Society
  • Winston's Weekenders
  • Worcestershire County Museum on the Move
  • Yanks Living History Group

If you would like to see the last show report click here: http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?13630-Wartime-in-the-Vale-Ashdown-WW2-Camp-Evesham

MVT members and non-members welcome.

Please call me if any queries, Paul on: 0779 159 1528

Wartime Advert.jpg

Edited by Papav66
Groups attending updated

will sort out my entry form asap, would it be ok to bring my RAF Regiment display?

With regards to the national rally, I read in the latest MMI, at the end of the write up for last years Kemble, Severnside are doing a annual rally mid june instead of august?????? any ideas?

All the best

Mark

Hello Mark, Yes your RAF display sounds interesting, though I've not seen it, does it need to go indoors? if so I might be able to find space in one of the Nissen huts where we had a US Air Force Display.

Think the organiser of Kemble, is planning on doing a show but I don't the details.

Apparently the MVT show is a couple of weeks earlier here at this site

http://www.littlevintageshow.co.uk/mvt-show.html

Just clicked on link & it said June went to look at another page & now it reads May!

There is another good show at Kemble worth going to and thats the Steam Rally 6, 7 & 8 August and that has a large military section.

Edited by Papav66

I think there are two events: "The little Vintage show" in May ( pics are of the show) and the MVT event in June .

So the entry form is for the may event.

Just clicked on link & it said June went to look at another page & now it reads May!

There is another good show at Kemble worth going to and thats the Steam Rally 6, 7 & 8 August and that has a large military section.

Hello Mark, Yes your RAF display sounds interesting, though I've not seen it, does it need to go indoors? if so I might be able to find space in one of the Nissen huts where we had a US Air Force Display..

Hopefully it will be contained in a sankey cooks trailer, so should be ok outside, it might only be for sunday though

Mark

Hope to meet you on the Sunday then Mark.

Just sorted the noon day gun display, with a FH70 155m Heavy Howitzer.

just to let you know, the form was posted today, so you should reciene it either romorrow of wednesday

All the best

Mark

• 1 month later...
just to let you know, the form was posted today, so you should reciene it either romorrow of wednesday

All the best

Mark

Anyone who has not been to the show at Ashdown Camp should really make the effort, its one of the most friendly and relaxed shows that we have ever attended. The camp set-up is absolutely superb and the reception extended to ourselves was second to none. I look forward to visiting again along with my friends from the North Staffs Area.:cool2:

Hello Ray,

Good to see you on here and thanks for your words of support.

We are already up to just over 120 military vehicles so its looking good so far. Bob is busy building more Nissen huts and depending on work schedules we might even do away with the beer tent and have a very large 'Beer Tin' instead, as he just found a larger span hut that is 60ft long.

Look forward to meeting up with you and others from the North Staffs during the season.

cheers

Paul

Hello Ray,

Good to see you on here and thanks for your words of support.

We are already up to just over 120 military vehicles so its looking good so far. Bob is busy building more Nissen huts and depending on work schedules we might even do away with the beer tent and have a very large 'Beer Tin' instead, as he just found a larger span hut that is 60ft long.

Look forward to meeting up with you and others from the North Staffs during the season.

cheers

Paul

Thanks Paul, we really are looking forward to our next visit........ see you all soon.

Ray.:cool2:

• 3 weeks later...
Just a quick update to say that I've now received 195 MV entries and well on target to reach 250, so if any others would like to attend please let me know & I'll email form.

cheers

Paul

Best of luck Paul - looks like you have a cracking weekend on your hands - stressed out yet????:computerrage:

Just a quick update to say that I've now received 195 MV entries and well on target to reach 250, so if any others would like to attend please let me know & I'll email form.

cheers

Paul

Paul,

I've just entered your show into my diary and will be sending out the form over the next few days. It will be the first time I have been to this one, so look forward to it. Lets hope the weather is nice!!!

Cheers

Andy

Best of luck Paul - looks like you have a cracking weekend on your hands - stressed out yet????:computerrage:

Yes, can't help but get a little stressed, as putting so much effort into it & wanting it to go well, so I do occaissionally wake up in the night and think of another task that needs to be done.

Plus relying on others on the day to do their is un-nerving. So I wish you all the best with A+E.

Paul,

I've just entered your show into my diary and will be sending out the form over the next few days. It will be the first time I have been to this one, so look forward to it. Lets hope the weather is nice!!!

Cheers

Andy

Hi Andy, pleased you are coming, so do please come & find me to say hello. Quite often found in the camp compound near my Austin K9, cheers Paul

Visited the camp this evening for our monthly meeting so here's a couple of pics of our new Pickett Hamilton Fort & Nissen No. 6, the Bedford makes an ideal platform for fitting the tin.

And pleasingly we are now up to 225 military vehicles & more re-enactors!

Nissen No 6 part

Pickett Hamilton .jpg