• 3 years later...
I know this is a late notice but Foxfield Railway have a 40's

do on this week end all are welcome inc German it is located

near Blythe Bridge S.O.T. it's only a small event but a very

friendly group of people run it further details give me a ring

on 07970 708261 or just turn up free entry for vehicle entrants

to show and on trains 40's wear appreciated

C

This is an excellent event that takes place each year, highly reccomended........... why not give it a try.

Hi Smithy, probably only 15 to 20 vehicles, but its a good relaxed weekend, nice original railway station, good company with train rides, German and British re-enactors. We have done the weekend for several years and we always enjoy it............ If you need more info go to the MVT site, North Staffs Area. Contact, phone or e-mail, Chris Bond, Events Organizer.

Regards, Ray.:kissoncheek:

Hi Smithy, probably only 15 to 20 vehicles, but its a good relaxed weekend, nice original railway station, good company with train rides, German and British re-enactors. We have done the weekend for several years and we always enjoy it............ If you need more info go to the MVT site, North Staffs Area. Contact, phone or e-mail, Chris Bond, Events Organizer.

Sorry to disagree with you Ray, the station at foxfield isnt original, there never was any stations on that line as it was a colliery line. But it is a nice place, very friendly and relaxed

Mark

Hi Ray, thanks for the information. Might pop along on Saturday depending on how busy I am!

Not this Saturday, please check the dates for this year!!!!!!!!!:kissoncheek:

Before anybody comes up this weekend this post was submitted on 30/06/2006

I do not know where it has been resurected from ?????

Commander

Thanks very much for bringing this to my attention.

I think that this thread has shown a dangerous precedent here. Ok I should have noticed that the date of the original post was from 2006 BUT I could have quite easily have gone on a 60 mile round trip on Saturday and found out that the event wasn't on. Perhaps old threads should be locked after the event has taken place as after all it is the Future events and meetings sub-forum.

Sorry don't want it to seem like I'm having a moan but just want to stop other people from making the same mistake.

Cheers

Scott :D

I am only too pleased that you did read the thread, and did not make that journey....... if however you do make it to Foxfield in the future, please make yourself known, it will be nice to meet with you. Regards. Ray.:kissoncheek:

• 5 months later...

After a little mix up earlier in the year with this thread I see that this weekend sees the Military event taking place at Foxfields Railway:

http://www.foxfieldrailway.co.uk/Latest/War%20Weekend.htm

Just wondering if anyone who has attended before or anyone who is in the know as to how much it is going to cost to get in?