hi from newcastle upon tyne

From the North East, but PLEASE, not a 'geordie' :shocked: Get your facts right, I was born a 'sand-dancer', and now live in Washington. There's plenty goes on in this area so keep your eyes open for future events posts from me.

No I said you're "one of them"... which I stand by... I didn't say what! ;)

Hi Lee and welcome to the forum,

Of course there are lots of Geordies on this forum, we even have the odd sand dancer and makem but don't worry we brainwash them with good ale still brewed on Tyneside, I may live in Northumberland but was born the right side of the river Tyne (North Shields)

Cheers

David

• 10 months later...
just dropping a quick note to say hi, and i shall hopefully be around for a while.

any other geordies knocking around in here then?

lee

Hi there,

Newcastle, my spiritual home. The old man was from Wallsend but joined the RAF in 1947 and never moved back. Lots of relations in the area, but losing touch. Had an uncle who was a big cheese- mason apparently. Done some family research and found the Brown's our branch, from Doddington - Morpeth - Newcastle. Also have involvement with Grahams, and Ramshaws.

I used to have membership of the Lindisfarne Club, but membership lapsed, bummer.

Anyway, regards from sunny Dorset

Hi there,

Newcastle, my spiritual home. The old man was from Wallsend but joined the RAF in 1947 and never moved back. Lots of relations in the area, but losing touch. Had an uncle who was a big cheese- mason apparently. Done some family research and found the Brown's our branch, from Doddington - Morpeth - Newcastle. Also have involvement with Grahams, and Ramshaws.

I used to have membership of the Lindisfarne Club, but membership lapsed, bummer.

Anyway, regards from sunny Dorset

My grandmother came from Wallsend, I spent a lot of time visiting relatives as a youngster in the late 40s and 50s. They (or most) lived in Vine St, Wallsend. All gone now demolished. I had the best New Year 1958 /59 in North Sheilds. I did`nt drink in them days, so my relatives used me as the driver........ they even had me taking complete strangers home in the early hours to make sure that they got home O.K.

Welcome to the forum.

Regards from a honorary Geordie.

Ray.:kissoncheek: