scammell pioneer restoration

ruggyjohn

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi, the axle tube has been metal sprayed and turned back to standard. new bushes made and fitted. also new rear wheel bearing on near side fitted. the axle is back together now waiting to be blasted and painted dbg, will put more pics on.

winch now removed, this is where all the rust seems to be , on and under the winch. will have to take some more pics as it progresses but nearly up to date now, not done much over xmas as its been so cold, need to remove the cab and then it will go in the workshop which will be a lot better

scammell pioneer resto 02 018.jpg

scammell pioneer resto 02 016.jpg

scammell pioneer resto 02 025.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hi John, now the snow's gone, you're due a visit. Are you around during the week? The militant's due a run out :)

Can you film some of your journey please Simon , its always good to see your Milli out and about ! I saw her in the latest MVT mag collecting for the Poppy appeal ! Well done mate ! :-D

hi simon, i am about all next week except wednesday, let me know whats convenient for you, if you need my mobile number for directions let me know, ive also bought a new toy since we last talked, will try and put some pics on here.

the new toy should make it easier to find you, I'll just ask the locals for directions to the 'madman' :)

Yes Andy I'll take some pics, but I don't think I'll have a co-pilot this trip out to do any video? Did the MVT mag mention that the militant failed to start after the day of poppy collecting, and had to be jump started by a ferret, which gassed the passers by, the estate agent and the local freezer shop!? It had to squeeze onto the pavement between the shops and the militant to use the inter-vehicle start lead, thanks as ever to John & Dave.

the new toy should make it easier to find you, I'll just ask the locals for directions to the 'madman' :)

Yes Andy I'll take some pics, but I don't think I'll have a co-pilot this trip out to do any video? Did the MVT mag mention that the militant failed to start after the day of poppy collecting, and had to be jump started by a ferret, which gassed the passers by, the estate agent and the local freezer shop!? It had to squeeze onto the pavement between the shops and the militant to use the inter-vehicle start lead, thanks as ever to John & Dave.

Ah , no mention of that Simon , all part of the "fun" of owning and running these old girls I guess ! Lovely Stalwart John ! Definitely one I'd have in the old fantasy barn ! :-D Be nice to see the old girls lined up for a picture ! :wow:

hi robin, i drove the pioneer before the strip down and the gearbox did everything it should so am leaving well alone, the engine on the other hand needs a full rebuild, it needs a new block on the last 3 cylinders, don't know what the crank is like yet but will get reground and shells if it needs it as when it is all finnished i want to drive it as often as possible and tak4e it on some decent road runs.

hi robin, i drove the pioneer before the strip down and the gearbox did everything it should so am leaving well alone, the engine on the other hand needs a full rebuild, it needs a new block on the last 3 cylinders, don't know what the crank is like yet but will get reground and shells if it needs it as when it is all finnished i want to drive it as often as possible and tak4e it on some decent road runs.

I look forward to seeing her out and about John ! You are doing a lovely job and its great to see another old Scammell receiving so much love and attention ! :D

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...