Regrets, I have had a few..........

Jack

Not very often do I look back over my shoulder at the passed and the 'what could of been' scenario...but a couple of things have always stuck in my mind :sweat:

Regrets, I have had a few....

- should of never of sold my Z650 motor bike. Loved it!

- not being the percussionist for Pink Floyd :(

:):)

Wish I'd met either of my grandfathers to ask them about their service during the war

That's a good one..... I knew my paternal, he served in the Royal Horse Artillery in WW1 though luckily (probably), he never saw action unlike his brother who died at Loos and his sister , a nurse who died in the flu epidemic after the war.

My maternal grandfather was a Major in an ordnance depot in India. A lot of their work was assembling Jeeps from KD packs! He died in 1956

My wifes maternal grandfather was a Wellington pilot during WW2 and was awarded the AFC and DFC. He was sadly killed in a Varsity crash in 1954.

Men I would have loved to have known.

Not taking my Motorcycle test and buying that BSA M20 for £80 back in 1972.

£80? , you were being done! Got one for 30/- in 1970. :) Sold it ten years or so back for a little bit more.

Regret not buying the two Vincents in 1972 for £80 and £120 :cry: and the Sunbeam for £45:cry::cry:

£80? , you were being done! Got one for 30/- in 1970. :) Sold it ten years or so back for a little bit more.

Regret not buying the two Vincents in 1972 for £80 and £120 :cry: and the Sunbeam for £45:cry::cry:

I have had a re-think and I think it must have been 1976 or 7. It was in very good condition, I remember, at a dealers only a mile from where I lived.

I have had a re-think and I think it must have been 1976 or 7. It was in very good condition, I remember, at a dealers only a mile from where I lived.

In fairness I was pulling your leg a bit, as the 30/- Beeza was a steal even in those days! The full restoration cost me near as dammit the same price as the machine cost new in 1937 (it was a '37 civvy model).

Regrets, I have had a few....

- should of never of sold my Z650 motor bike. Loved it! :(

:):)

yeah very true, i had a Z750 LTD, did some cracking power wheelies two up :cool2:, then sold it for Harley 1200 sportster, not in the same league, but it sounded great with straight through pipes..........then sold that for a tractor :n00b:..........:n00b:..........:n00b:

yeah very true, i had a Z750 LTD, did some cracking power wheelies two up :cool2:,

Now you are talking Graham - can remember pulling a wheelie up through Bishop Waltham high street whilst giving the V sign with my left hand

I thought it was pretty impressive and cool but Mrs Beckett to be didn't - that said I can understand her point of view.................she was pillion at the time:coffee::sweat:

Oh yes, and when I turned down a pristine Lancia Aurelia Spyder for six grand back in '83, and a Lamborghini Miura S for 15K in the mid eighties, and then there was a Mercedes Benz 380K that my mother refused to countenance.....

Oh dear, I'm feeling a bit sick

yeah very true, i had a Z750 LTD, did some cracking power wheelies two up :cool2:, then sold it for Harley 1200 sportster, not in the same league, but it sounded great with straight through pipes..........then sold that for a tractor :n00b:..........:n00b:..........:n00b:

surely a tractor is only a four wheeled harley